MOC South West monthly meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MOC South West monthly meet

Thanks Dave & David. If John comes, plus Pat and partner from Bristol who sent me a PM, that makes seven so far. Any other takers?

Hope the weather holds out. The forecast for Sunday keeps changing as usual, so we may not know until the day before! Peter.

Comment

Peter
      Unfortunately I cannot make this one, have a great day.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikePeel View Post
        Peter
        Unfortunately I cannot make this one, have a great day.
        Mike
        Hi Mike. Thanks for letting me know.
        Hope to see you next time.

BTW next month's May meet will be on a Saturday as I have a prior classic car commitment on the Sunday.

Will post details on the SW Meets page. Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter

Unable to be at the SW meet tomorrow, hope to catch up in May.

PeterH

Comment

Originally posted by droverpete View Post
            Hi Peter

Unable to be at the SW meet tomorrow, hope to catch up in May.

PeterH
            No probs. Thanks for the heads up.

Next month the SW Meet will be on a Saturday, the 9th May .

Peter.

Comment

After a couple of cars had problems and people were unable to come it looked like only 4 of us would be at Washford today for the April SW Meet. Then Mike arrived after all and Brian turned up in his nice Maroon Hunter so the final tally was 6 people and 5 cars. Good to see you again Brian. Can’t believe it was 3 years ago that we last met at Andrew’s BBQ.

After lunch four of us had a good run back in convoy to Taunton via Dunster and Wheddon Cross before going our separate ways.

Many thanks to all for coming and supporting the SW Meet.

Please note next month’s SW Meet will be on a Saturday 9th May.

Peter.

Washford Apr 15_2.jpg

Washford Apr 15_1.jpg

Comment

Pleased I could eventually make one after seeing all the meets going on around me!
                Nice to see familiar faces and meet some new ones,thanks for making me welcome
                Very enjoyable run back over the Brendons
                Can anyone help with resising the pics which were posted as I only see about half the story!
                Regards
                Bryan
                Stapley Bryan

Comment

Good to see everyone and nice to meet you Bryan. Great drive back, love that road!

Bryan - I'm assuming you're using a mobile to view pics, I had same problem. Go to settings (top right of page). In this page select 'general settings' from menu on left under 'my account'. Now scroll down to 'miscellaneous settings' and use the forum skin drop down to select 'default mobile style' then click save changes at bottom.
                  You may now get an error (think I did), but just hit ok. Now the page will look a bit naff, but scroll to bottom of page and click on the 'full website' (think it says that!) link and now all should be fine :-). Worked for me anyway! Now no more left hand side only on pics...

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave
                    The problem I have is on Laptop!
                    But following your advice I find that it is only when viewing in "Marlin Style" which is my preferred one a lot of pics are too large for the page,so when
                    this happens I can swap to another Style and view them O/k!
                    Bit of a pain but at least I can now go back through the posts and view all the pics I have missed!!
                    Cheers
                    Bryan
                    Stapley Bryan

Comment

Very good meeting and to be able to meet old friends. Good run back, our usual way, but we are regularly travelling in the opposite direction. As Peter kept to the speed limits I was able to keep up, except for the hills. Not too bad for a 1300cc Triumph engine, compared with the 3500cc Rover and V6 Ford etc. By the way to other readers, I was the only one 2 up !!!! David.

Comment

Most enjoyable meet.
                        I am beginning to understand why Marlin people are so passionate about their cars, they look like proper cars, especially with the roofs off and the variety of type with all sorts of mechanicals and of course the choice of country roads we can drive on. Six Triumphs (4 Stags and 2 TR4'S ) were out on a run enjoying themselves ,all waved and smiled.What more could you ask for on a sunny Marlin day out?
                        Mike

Comment

Thanks Bryan you have identified a problem I have been struggling with on the resizing images thing - it seems it only happens in the Marlin Style (red and charcoal) which is due to the way that skin is set up - I will endeavour to fix it now I (you) have nailed the cause!

Comment

Bryan, if you save the pics you will have them in their entirety

Rgds DC

Comment

Hi Cameron
                              Thanks,it would be great if this could be fixed as I do prefer the "Marlin style"
                              Dave all noted thanks,gives me another option
                              Bryan
                              Stapley Bryan

Comment

I am having problems editing the SW Meets page so here is the May info. Please note the May meet is on a Saturday this time!

South West Meet Saturday 9th May 2015

The Exmoor White Horse Inn

Address: Exmoor National Park, Exford, West Somerset TA24 7PY

Phone: 01643 831229

Welcome to the Exmoor White Horse Inn, nestling by the bridge over the River Exe at the heart of Exmoor National Park. Unwind beside a log fire at this Exmoor hotel, where you’ll find a true Westcountry welcome. Looking for a bed and breakfast in Somerset? Why wait any longer? Book today.

Suggested time 11.30am for 12.00am so we can have a chat and bag a table before the rush!
                                See you there!

Peter.

Comment

Working...
                                X