Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MOC South West monthly meet

Reminder!

Next SW Meet is at Thornfalcon on This Sunday 18th September 2016.

This is notionally a lunchtime meet but some arrive earlier and others stay later.

It is by Henlade, Taunton close to the M5 J25.

See link below for full directions.

Hope to see you all there! Peter.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 2016 SW Meet will be at the Classic and Restoration Show at Shepton Mallet
    on 6th November 2016
    More details to follow.

Peter.
    Last edited by greyV8pete; 14-09-16, 03:51 PM.

Comment

After initially failing on emissions our hunter now has a new MOT so we'll be at the Thornfalcon meet on Sunday.
      Peter & Jean

Comment

Marlin SW Meet on Sunday November 6th 2016

The Footman James Classic Vehicle Restoration Show 2016

Bath & West Showground Shepton Mallet Somerset BA4 6QN

I will be in the bar at 12.30am. Hope to see you there!

Details and advance tickets:

Peter.

Comment

Marlin SW Meet on Sunday December 4th 2016

will be at the Haynes Motor Museum for the

Haynes Breakfast Club

9.00am opens! Hope to see you there! Peter.

Near Sparkford. Post code: BA22 7LH

Comment

SW Meet tomorrow at the Haynes Breakfast Club. 9.00am opens! Details above. Hope to see you there. Peter.

Comment

No SW Meet for January 2017

I plan to be in the woods again with John at Fingle on 7th Jan taking photos of the Exeter Trial. We are usually up at bend 5 so wave if you have a hand free!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              February SW Meet will be on Sunday 12th February at the The Footman James Great Western Classic Car Show 2017

at Shepton Mallet

Details as link below:

http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/pr...il&utm_content

I will be in the bar at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there. Peter.

Comment

*** Reminder ***

February SW Meet will be on Sunday 12th February at the The Footman James Great Western Classic Car Show 2017

at Shepton Mallet

Details as link below:

http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/pr...il&utm_content

I will be in the bar at 12.30hrs. Hope to see you there. Peter.

Comment

Bump! This Sunday. Peter.

Comment

The March SW Meet will be on Sunday 12th March

at the Route 38 Diner, Trerulefoot, Saltash, PL12 5BL. Tel: 01752 851038

at 12.30hrs

The meet is further west this time so I hope to meet up with some of the Cornwall Marlin owners.

If you know someone who has a Marlin but isn’t in the MOC tell them to come anyway.

If you drive a Marlin but it is not on the road don’t worry, just come in disguise in a tin top and join us!

Just a heads up for any one travelling on the A38 from the West, to allow for possible delays in the Glynn Valley roadworks!

See you there!
                    Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter,
                      Many thanks for the heads up.
                      I'll try my best to get Moll going but if not then we will have to tin-top it boo.
                      Look forward to catching up.
                      Cheers,
                      Dane.
                      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
                        Hi Peter,
                        Many thanks for the heads up.
                        I'll try my best to get Moll going but if not then we will have to tin-top it boo.
                        Look forward to catching up.
                        Cheers,
                        Dane.
                        Excelent Dane! Happy Dave is coming and John (maybe in the MX5 but probably with me) so hope some of the other Cornwall dwellers surface too. Peter.
                        Last edited by greyV8pete; 11-03-17, 10:28 AM. Reason: Spillung!

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
                          The March SW Meet will be on Sunday 12th March

at the Route 38 Diner, Trerulefoot, Saltash, PL12 5BL. Tel: 01752 851038

at 12.30hrs

The meet is further west this time so I hope to meet up with some of the Cornwall Marlin owners.

If you know someone who has a Marlin but isn’t in the MOC tell them to come anyway.

If you drive a Marlin but it is not on the road don’t worry, just come in disguise in a tin top and join us!

Just a heads up for any one travelling on the A38 from the West, to allow for possible delays in the Glynn Valley roadworks!

See you there!
                          Peter.
                          Bump! Two Hunters and a Berli going that I know about. Anyone else from the wilds of Cornwall going to join us? It would be nice to see some muddy trials cars too. With the Lands End soon I know you are hiding there somewhere . Peter.

Comment

Good meal at the Route 38 Diner today and glad to meet Dane who made it all the way up from Padstow in Moll. With Happy Dave’s Hunter and mine it made just the three Marlins. Having travelled down the A38 “tin top alley” to get to the lunch, the route home was a more enjoyable drive over Dartmoor with a stop for a cream tea at Princetown. Peter.

SW Meet March 17 Route 38 rsz2.jpg

Comment

It was great fun to meet up at Trerulefoot. Many thanks for organising it Peter.
                              I had misfires and lumpiness galore from Trevone to Victoria. At BP Victoria I refueled with some lovely 97 octane fuel and within a couple of miles Moll was singing happily. I notice from my records that the fuel left in her was five months old; I hadn’t been out since we moved in October. A lesson there. I know E10 doesn’t store for much more than a month so, more trips out. Incidentally, Moll clocked up her 50,000th mile on the way home from Princetown. Not bad milage for a kit car although the “old broom theory” does apply in her case ??????
                              Here’s looking forward to more runs out and maybe next time I’ll have my co-pilot with me, and of course my owner !!
                              Now, how many Marlins live in Cornwall ? More than one I suspect.
                              Cheers Pete, Dane.

Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

The April SW Meet will be this Sunday April 9th

at The Plume of Feathers, Princetown

Plymouth Hill, Princetown, PL20 6QQ

Tel: 01822 890240

theplumeoffeathersdartmoor.co.uk/

There are six people definitely going at present but as with all pubs these days booking is essential on a Sunday so I have provisionally booked a table for those that I know will be attending.

Important! If you are able to join us please let me know as soon as possible so I can tell the pub and make sure you have a chair to sit on!

I can be contacted on the phone number in Pitstop under SW Meets, by PM on this forum or by email plicence(at)eclipse.co.uk

Meet in the bar at 12.00hrs.

Hope to see you there. Peter.

Comment

Working...
                                X