Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MOC South West monthly meet

Originally posted by davidmartin720 View Post
    Judy & I hope to be at the February Meeting, I am feeling better but not 100% yet. We went out last Saturday to Lyme Regis, cold and blowy out on the Cobb, but warm in the sunshine along the shoreline. Sunday we went to the White Horse, Exford for a warm up and a carvery. Very cold over the hills, snow had fallen, but the wheel tracks were clear, 40mm of slush on the rest of the road. We only saw one other open car the whole weekend, comment from my passenger was: "We must be mad" !!!!! All in all it was very enjoyable. A meet up with local Kitcar club on Wednesday for a curry in Bridgwater, Tintop used as raining and not good parking, 10 of us there, no Kitcars attended. David.
    Hi David. Glad to hear that you are feeling better and showing the flag for us open top nuts. I just love the bewildered looks from the tin top drivers huddled up in their warm cocoons.

Look forward to seeing you at the Feb meet. Peter.

Comment

Don't forget!

Next South West Meet Sunday 8th Feb 2015.
      The Anchor Inn, Exebridge, Dulverton, Somerset, TA22 9AZ.

Click on the red SW Meets button at the top of the forum pages for more details. Peter.

Comment

Peter
        I will be going on Sunday. The Marlin passed its MOT this week and I have only broken down once since so should be with you for a hearty meal on Sunday ! Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikePeel View Post
          Peter
          I will be going on Sunday. The Marlin passed its MOT this week and I have only broken down once since so should be with you for a hearty meal on Sunday ! Mike
          Thanks for the response Mike. Good news about your MOT. My Hunter also passed its MOT last week but as fettling, wrapping & fitting the new tubular manifolds is taking much longer than planned I shall probably be coming in a tin top . Look forward to meeting you there. Peter.

Comment

Please note that there is an error on page 31 in SW Meets info in the latest Pitstop issue 186. My phone contact number as printed is incorrect. It should be 446928 and not as printed. The area code for Exeter is correct. Replies by forum still preferred as previously mentioned . Peter.

Comment

Hi,
              I have been trying to contact Peter by phone to see if the Sunday meet at the Anchor Exebridge is still on. As I have been unable to reach him I will go anyway as its only 3 miles from me
              Will I be drinking alone?

Comment

John
                You will no be alone,come rain or shine I shall be there about 12 ish. The last time we met was at the Rare Breeds Show it was a it bit warmer then!
                Mike

Comment

Hi,
                  If new members are welcome we would like to meet you tomorrow especially any cabrio owners, however I also speak roadster. The Anchor looks good.
                  PeterH

Comment

Hi all. Yes the meet is still on. Dad and I will be there for sure. He'll be tin-topping unfortunately due to continued exhaust work. I was taking the Tin as well, but seeing how much interest there is this month I will brave the salt and bring the Berli :-)

Look forward to seeing you all.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by john B View Post
                      Hi,
                      I have been trying to contact Peter by phone to see if the Sunday meet at the Anchor Exebridge is still on. As I have been unable to reach him I will go anyway as its only 3 miles from me
                      Will I be drinking alone?
                      Hi John.
                      Yes it's on. There is a typo in my phone number on page 31 in some of the latest Pitstops. It should read 446928. The Exeter area code is correct.

Look forward to meeting you all. Sadly I will be in a tin top as fitting the new manifolds to my Hunter is proving rather troublesome even "exhausting" you might say .
                      Peter.

Comment

Many thanks to you all for coming to Exebridge today and suppporting the February SW Meet. It was good to see so many new faces and I hope to see you all again at future meets.

Attached are some photos that David took today.
                        Peter.

P1020957.JPG

P1020958.JPG

P1020959.JPG

P1020961.JPG

Exebridge Feb 15.JPG

Comment

Very good meeting at The Anchor, good company, food and "craic". Thanks Peter for arranging and welcome to Peter and Jean. 8 of us there in total, 6 Marlins between us, but only 3 on the road yesterday. David.

Comment

OOH look at that two sets of Triumph front suspension, well done the roadster boys. Wish I lived nearer! Would still like to know the kit number of the Blue one. Please.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by b_caswell; 09-02-15, 02:42 PM.
                            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Brilliant day Peter ,great company and location I look forward to the next meet. David, superb photos one for my album.
                              Mr Caswell I have just managed to get back on line (I had to replace the screen on my laptop) so I will let you know about the number on my Marlin by tomorrow evening, if their is one!

Comment

I'm even further away than Dane, but hope to make it to a meet or two this year. Mind you, the standard of the beasties in the photos makes mine look positively shabby!
                                Peter Reynolds, Helston

Comment

Working...
                                X