Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MOC South West monthly meet

Well done organising us all Pete.

Despite the rain showers it was a very nice location with good company. Good to see Noel too even with his racing deaux cheveaux!

Pictures show cars belonging to Pete, Dave, David and Dane.
    Attached Files
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Good to hear of another local meet, thanks for the pix Dane

Sorry, but I couldn't resist cropping one to see if it made for a good caption competition (My apologies to Peter)

Rgds DC
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for coming and supporting this first of the resurrected SW meets. It was a very encouraging start especially as the weather was not ideal for open tops. That said David Martin & Judy must be given credit for both arriving and departing “hood down” inspite of the long journey in wet and cold conditions. True Marlineers! Peter.

Comment

The second Sunday of this month is actually this coming weekend Sunday 11th Jan! Anyone up for attending and a suggestion of where to meet? Thinking of North West or North East of Exeter / M5 corridor maybe, or even into Somerset a bit? Peter.

Comment

I am afraid you must count me out this weekend as I have had a Chest Infection and Gout, at the moment I am banned from even sitting in the Roadster !!!!! Judy & I thoroughly enjoyed our last Meeting, and it did not cause my problems. David.

Comment

Hi Pete,
              Do you want me to update the Exeter/SW Meeting details (eg name and contact details) in Pitstop? If so, drop me a mail.

Geoff (Editor)

Comment

Originally posted by Grum View Post
                Hi Pete,
                Do you want me to update the Exeter/SW Meeting details (eg name and contact details) in Pitstop? If so, drop me a mail.

Geoff (Editor)
                Hi Geoff. Email sent. Peter.

Comment

As it is a bit of a last minute decision for the MOC SW meet this month and a couple of "long distance" members are unable to come, I am planning to meet up with Happy Dave at the following venue which is just north of Honiton:

The Aviator Coffee Bar & Restaurant

The Airfield
                  Devon & Somerset Flight Training
                  Dunkeswell
                  Devon EX14 4LG
                  01404 890009

Feel free to join us but please note that food is AD HOC so please book your own table if you feel you need to. We will plan to get there for 12.00am to try and get in before the "British Standard Lunchtime" rush.

Hope to see you there. Peter.

P.S. I seem to remember that there were some rather large speed bumps on the access road last time I was there so a very slow approach is recommended!
                  Last edited by greyV8pete; 08-01-15, 08:03 PM. Reason: "P.S." added. PL.

Comment

Many thanks Pete. I'm sorry that I cannot make it. I'll keep in touch.
                    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
                      As it is a bit of a last minute decision for the MOC SW meet this month and a couple of "long distance" members are unable to come, I am planning to meet up with Happy Dave at the following venue which is just north of Honiton:

The Aviator Coffee Bar & Restaurant

The Airfield
                      Devon & Somerset Flight Training
                      Dunkeswell
                      Devon EX14 4LG
                      01404 890009

Feel free to join us but please note that food is AD HOC so please book your own table if you feel you need to. We will plan to get there for 12.00am to try and get in before the "British Standard Lunchtime" rush.

Hope to see you there. Peter.

P.S. I seem to remember that there were some rather large speed bumps on the access road last time I was there so a very slow approach is recommended!
                      Thanks for the replies Dane and David M. Hope you are feeling better soon David M.

I will be there with John and Happy Dave about 11.30 onwards today. Anyone else that decide to come last minute, look forward to seeing you there.

Peter.
                      Last edited by greyV8pete; 11-01-15, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Our two cars at the Jan 2015 SW Meet at Dunkeswell. Good food and a chance to see some things with wings.

No other Marlin attendees so we had a drive down to Lyme Regis afterwards.

Hope to see more cars next month! Peter.

DUNKESWELL JAN 2015 A.jpg

DUNKESWELL JAN 2015 B.jpg

Comment

Another fine day and a cracking drive after lunch. Look forward to meeting more marliners next time.
                          Dave

Comment

As per the SW meets forum update thread: http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...-meet-Feb-2015 I will be in attendance. Hope to see lots of you there :-)

Dont forget to check out the SW meets main page for updates and other info in the future: http://www.marlinownersclub.com/swmeets/

Dave

Comment

Don’t forget to visit the new S W Meets Page for the latest update, either by clicking on the button at the top of the forum pages or click on the NEW link below.

Oh, and please come and join us too!

Don’t forget tin tops are permitted if you are SORNED or doing major work.

Peter.
                              Last edited by greyV8pete; 22-01-15, 09:30 PM. Reason: New S W Meets page link added. PL.

Comment

Judy & I hope to be at the February Meeting, I am feeling better but not 100% yet. We went out last Saturday to Lyme Regis, cold and blowy out on the Cobb, but warm in the sunshine along the shoreline. Sunday we went to the White Horse, Exford for a warm up and a carvery. Very cold over the hills, snow had fallen, but the wheel tracks were clear, 40mm of slush on the rest of the road. We only saw one other open car the whole weekend, comment from my passenger was: "We must be mad" !!!!! All in all it was very enjoyable. A meet up with local Kitcar club on Wednesday for a curry in Bridgwater, Tintop used as raining and not good parking, 10 of us there, no Kitcars attended. David.

Comment

Working...
                                X