Triumph based Marlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph based Marlin

Anyone with a Triumph based Roadster thats not registered ??

This might help you out

2 litre Vitesse Engined 'special' with log book !!!

No bids yet !!!..

Re: Triumph based Marlin

its a triumph based kitcar, but definately not a marlin....its a Spartan!!!

Comment

yes you are right - but wingless. Spartan was a dreadful car iirc Best thing to do would be to use it for something useful.

Comment

You are missing the point of my post !! Trying to help someone with an unregistered Triumph Marlin !!! As this Spartan is registered as a triumph !!!

My Marlin Alfa was registered as a Alfa Romeo by the DVLA !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dbazdavies View Post
          You are missing the point of my post !! Trying to help someone with an unregistered Triumph Marlin !!! As this Spartan is registered as a triumph !!!

My Marlin Alfa was registered as a Alfa Romeo by the DVLA !!!
          Slightly illegal but the chances of it being spotted are so rare. At MOT time the inspector rarely if ever looked for my chassis number, as I have used him for all my Marlin MOT's.
          i dare day the MOC would frown on the act.

Comment

I received this email today...

Dear cameronfurnival,

Hi it is registered as a triumph herald coupe as most are based on the triumph chassis. The factory ones are the only ones registered as Spartan Roadsters and are very few and far between. I have 6 customers all with Spartan Roadsters and all are registered as vitesses or spitfires. Hope this helps.

Comment

Do I take it that all the Triumph based Marlins are registered as Triumph or Marlin..
              I know if I had an unregistered Triumph Based Marlin kit I would have no problem with buying this and using the Marlin Kit with the details from this Triumph ..
              I know someone who has just paid £5000 plus for a Mini Cooper S log book!!

Still has £100 on it - all the mechanicals on it must be worth more than that !!

Comment

Any kit car using the original Triumph chassis may get away with still being registered as a Triumph something or other the problem is the Marlin roadster uses its own purpose made chassis so you would be running the risk of being asked to put the car through IVA . Depends on how lucky you feel !
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

The triumph Spartans did indeed use the herald chassis. The Ford ones didnt iirc

Comment

Working...
                  X