help needed on new roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed on new roadster

hi my name is chris i am a new member and i have a marina based roadster that i am currently building i have come stuck on the pedal box i over time the pedal return spring has been lost. any ideas on how to source a replacement where i would get one

Re: help needed on new roadster

The spring I think you are looking for is a FAM1543. I have no record of it being used on any other car than a Marina.

There are a few possibilities, someone here might have a pedal box but you could try Earlpart or the Marina Forum or the Marina Owners Club
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 31-12-14, 10:07 AM. Reason: Wrong part number was quoted
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

This may be of use to you on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/morris-mar...item23469b4ac4

Comment

You may be able to mod a landrover spring have a look, I beleive they are similar to TR6s which in turn are similar to Marinas, happy New year

Comment

Chris, I have sent you a PM Rgds DC

Comment

After trapseing around the scrap yard yesterday i found the springs i needed but i also come across a maxi pedalbox that looked Identical without putting the two together for a closer examination i noticed the brake master cylinder was bigger on the maxi and it had a servo the springs seemed to be exactly the same and the size and shape of the pedalbox anybody tryed a maxi pedal box before?

Comment

Originally posted by chris-roadster View Post
              After trapseing around the scrap yard yesterday i found the springs i needed but i also come across a maxi pedalbox that looked Identical without putting the two together for a closer examination i noticed the brake master cylinder was bigger on the maxi and it had a servo the springs seemed to be exactly the same and the size and shape of the pedalbox anybody tryed a maxi pedal box before?
              I have heard it said before that the two pedal boxes were the same, I have no further evidence to support it.
              Probably worth taking off the car if it can be got for a reasonable price, certainly if your Roadster without a servo, and a bonus if its got a dual circuit master cylinder.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

well done on finding the springs in the first place - good spotting! Not many marinas about these days in scrapyards or the like.

Comment

I've considered calling Top Gear to find out if they still have the Marinas they wrecked
                  Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                    I've considered calling Top Gear to find out if they still have the Marinas they wrecked
                    There is always the Morris Marina Owners Club or Fastmarinamagazine Forum. They are a friendly group.
                    MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Well this guy had 10 of them in various states as well as many other old cars in doncaster really nice bloke £5 a spring and £25 for a wiper motor which i thought was reasonable not sure if he would post to people but it would be well worth an ask the complete maxi pedal box was £70 with a dual curcuit master cylinder and a servo but i didnt have the money to gamble he thought they were the same ill upload his deatails if anyone finds this useful

Comment

Originally posted by chris-roadster View Post
                        Well this guy had 10 of them in various states as well as many other old cars in doncaster really nice bloke £5 a spring and £25 for a wiper motor which i thought was reasonable not sure if he would post to people but it would be well worth an ask the complete maxi pedal box was £70 with a dual curcuit master cylinder and a servo but i didnt have the money to gamble he thought they were the same ill upload his deatails if anyone finds this useful
                        That kind of information is always useful
                        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
                        X