X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C2C - The Great Smokie Run

Originally posted by keithh View Post
    Alan, Mark & Steve

I intend to set up a Just Giving account but I can't do it until I am absolutely certain that I have cars for all the stages otherwise if I have to pull the plug on it and folk have made donations, I wouldn't be able to return them.
    Part of my suggestion was that the old MOC just giving page should be closed. Perhaps it can then be resurrected with a new charity. It looks as if Sue Roedel is the only person who can do it.

Comment

Re: C2C - The Great Smokie Run

Just looked at what we raised, I really didn't know that we were that successful.

Makes all those miles worth it.

Well done Keith and hope we will be just as successful.

Adrian

Comment

Re: C2C - The Great Smokie Run is ON

C2C - The Great Smokie Run is ON

We have raised a JustGiving account which can be accessed :

www.JustGiving.co.uk/marlinowners

As part of the event we have set up a competition to guess the combined weight of 5 Marlins. If anyone wants to have a go it is £2 a guess and the prize is a hamper of Smoked foods. Send your guess £2 to JustGiving and email me your guess.

If you live in East Anglia and although you might not fancy driving in the relay, if you could get to the start at 8-00am in your Marlin to help see folks off at 8:30am it will improve the exposure of the MOC and Marlin cars in general. The Mayor of Lowestoft will be sending the first team on their way and I hope to create some media interest so the more cars there the better.

Last edited by keith_h; 03-04-15, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Now I'm confident my Roadster is roadworthy, well just, I can confirm myself as a helper in the Buckingham area if you need me. I'm based in High Wycombe. Maybe Adrian could jump into the passenger seat as well, who knows.

Is there an up to date list of those doing which legs?
          Last edited by David; 24-05-15, 11:12 AM.
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi David

Brilliant, I have sent you a PM

Keith

Comment

Well I failed, was so close to being back on the road but defeated by failed attempts to bleed the break and still have to look at the handbrake.

Hope you guys have a good day.

I have donated and will copy the link to this thread and the Just Giving page to my Facebook and Twitter to try and get some donations for you.

#sadface

David,
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
              X