For Sale: Marlin Cabrio with BMW M20 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Marlin Cabrio with BMW M20 Engine

Well after much deliberation and procrastination I have finally decided that I will be selling my ‘pride and joy’ Marlin Cabrio in the spring. It really is a fabulous car that has served me extremely well and will be very much missed.

Some of you may have followed the build of my Cabrio on my Flickr website a few years ago (www.flickr.com/photos/marlin_bmw_cabrio/sets) and may have seen the car at the Stoneleigh show (where it won ‘Best Cabrio’ and ‘Best Marlin in Show’). My Cabrio is finished in metallic silver grey with black interior and has a BMW (M20) 6 cylinder engine (~170bhp) and 5 speed transmission fitted. It is therefore a very quick but comfortable means of transport!

I wanted to give the Marlin Owners Club members the opportunity of ‘first refusal’ before I advertise the Cabrio elsewhere in a few months’ time and an advert will therefore be appearing soon in the Classifieds section of the MOC website.

So if you are looking for an immaculate Cabrio (or know someone who is) then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Simon
    Attached Files

Re: For Sale: Marlin Cabrio with BMW M20 Engine

Very tidy Simon. One for the next calendar as well! Peter.

Comment

Reason for sale? Another project maybe? Just hope it doesn't end up overseas like so many others!

Comment

A combination of reasons for the sale, I have two other projects on the go and now need the space in the garage for a third! Believe me, it hasn't been an easy decision to take and I have been mulling it over for nearly two years now. Ideally I'd like the car to go to an MOC member that can give it a good home and get some enjoyment from it. Do many Marlins end up going overseas then?

Incidentally, there are quite a few other photos that will accompany the ad, so help yourself if you need any more for next years calendar!

Simon

Comment

Hello All,

Thanks to all that contacted me about the Cabrio and for the various compliments - it's nice to know that people appreciate all the hard work that went into building the car!

The Cabrio has now been sold and the good news is that it has stayed in the country. The new owner tells me that he intends to join the Marlin Owners Club very soon, so hopefully it wont be the last we see of it.

Simon

Comment

He's a very lucky man!
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Re: not For Sale: Marlin Cabrio with BMW M20 Engine

Originally posted by Cabrio_Simon View Post
              Hello All,

Thanks to all that contacted me about the Cabrio and for the various compliments - it's nice to know that people appreciate all the hard work that went into building the car!

The Cabrio has now been sold and the good news is that it has stayed in the country. The new owner tells me that he intends to join the Marlin Owners Club very soon, so hopefully it wont be the last we see of it.

Simon
              A big thank you to Simon for taking time to show me and tell me all about cabrio he sold me,, very luckey man named pat, and yes its staying in uk , unless take her on holliday....

Comment

welcome

Comment

now stripped front, new c/belt, water pump, drive belt, complete flush system and ful service
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X