X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio with BMW (M20) 6 cyl engine.

For Sale: Marlin Cabrio with BMW (M20) 6 Cylinder Engine

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-1-(Main).jpg

This is an immaculate show winning car (winner of “Best Cabrio” and “Best Marlin in Show” at Stoneleigh Kit Car Show) and was built by myself, Simon Gregory, (I am a qualified professional engineer) using primarily new components throughout. The car was completed, SVA’d and registered in 2008 and has the benefit of an age related plate. The car has had dry summer use only and has covered approximately 3500 miles.

A complete photographic log of the vehicle build can be found on my Flickr website:

This is a very quick but comfortable car that has full weather equipment and an excellent heater which makes it a realistic proposition to drive ‘all year round’.

A summary of the key features are below:
    • BMW 2.5 litre (M20) 6 cylinder fuel injected engine with 5 speed transmission (approximately 170bhp)
    • Bodywork professionally sprayed (2 pack) in BMW metallic silver grey with Isoflex liquid rubber underseal to underside
    • Marlin hood and hood cover (both black)
    • 17” Asia Tec Kendo alloy wheels with 215/55 tyres
    • Black interior with Marlin leather seats and carbon fibre dashboard, door trim inserts and sill protectors
    • Smiths white face Telemetrix instruments, Trilogy aluminium switches including push button start
    • Momo steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake cover. Sparco alloy pedal covers
    • Twin chrome roll over hoops
    • Sony Radio/CD with steering column controls and Kenwood speakers
    • Centre arm rest with lockable storage compartment, electric windows, interior foot well lights and fire extinguisher
    • TOAD alarm / immobiliser with remote central locking
    • XR4i front and rear disc brakes with Aeroquip braided hoses
    • Front suspension features Marlin coilovers (with adjustable damping) and compression struts (for easy adjustment of caster and camber angle)
    • Rear suspension features Spax sport shock absorbers
    • 2 complete sets of keys
    • Comprehensive vehicle build log (with all receipts) & Marlin Cabrio build manual

The car is currently SORN’d but will be sold with a full years MOT

Any inspection welcome, the vehicle is located in Daventry

Price (including 1 years MOT): £10,950

For further details please contact Simon on:
    • Email: [email protected]
    • Telephone: 01327 704296
    • Mobile: 07752 209817

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-2.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-3.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-4.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-5.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-6.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-7.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-8.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-9.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-10.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-11.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-12.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-13.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-14.jpg

Marlin-Cabrio-Photo-15.jpg

Price (including 1 years MOT): £10,950

For further details please contact Simon on:
    • Email: [email protected]
    • Telephone: 01327 704296
    • Mobile: 07752 209817

Re: Cabrio with BMW (M20) 6 cyl engine.

Presume its a long wheel base?

Comment

no its a short one

Comment

Yes it's a short wheel base. It obviously fits me (I'm 5'11") and still has an inch or so travel remaining on the seat, so about 6' is about the limit.

At the other extreme, my wife drives the Cabrio no problem and she is 5'4".

Comment

Hi Simon

So does this mean there's a new project in the pipeline?

John

Comment

Hi John,

Yes several actually !

1. I am competing in a car rally in June to raise money for Cancer Research. The rally is called the "6x6x600" and entails driving to locations in 6 different European countries in 6 days in a car that cost no more than £600. The car also needs to be at least 25 years old and the next days route is only revealed the day before. Sat navs are banned and the winning team is the one that covers the route in the least amount of distance (not time). So I am now the proud owner of a rather knackered old Mk1 MX-5..!

2. My son has just bought an old canal boat and we need the space in the garage to renovate / make the new interior and other bits and bobs

3. My latest hobby is designing and making electric mountain bikes (Google 'Stealth Electric Bikes' and you'll get the idea of what I'm trying to achieve) which also needs the valuable garage space

So it's fair to say that I do like a project and to keep busy...!

Simon

Comment

Glad to hear your not lying around with your feet up!.

Projects sound interesting i'll check out the links, 6x6x600 sounds like a good challenge.

Expect to see award wining rallies, boats and bikes in due course.

John
              Last edited by cabrioman; 21-01-15, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Hello All,

Thanks to all that contacted me about the Cabrio and for the various compliments - it's nice to know that people appreciate all the hard work that went into building the car!

The Cabrio has now been sold and the good news is that it has stayed in the country. The new owner tells me that he intends to join the Marlin Owners Club very soon, so hopefully it wont be the last we see of it.

Simon

Comment

Working...
                X