Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Manifolds for Hunter / Rover V8 engine

I have recently struck gold!

Found a local man who has jigs for making exhaust manifolds for my Rover V8 to fit the Cabrio / Hunter!

Photos attached of the old / new. Note! - O/S manifold wrap removed on the old one to locate yet another cracked weld!

I am currently fitting these with target completion ready for the S W Meet this coming Sunday 8th Feb. I always need deadlines to get things done!

More pictures of final installation to follow.

Peter.

Near Side
    NS MAN rsz COMPARISON.jpg

Off Side
    OS MAN rsz COMPARISON.jpg

Re: Stainless Manifolds for Hunter / Rover V8 engine

Hello,
    My system was repaired by the manufacture under their 25 year guarantee, in 1994 with a cracked weld. The exhaust system was purchased with my Cabrio Kit (Chassis No 4-021-V8- 3.9 cc) in Feb 92 direct from Marlin Engineering - Paul Moorehouse (P M) and review/inspected by PM at the factory Oct 92. Both my manifolds are of a completely different design with only one very long and wide straight through box on the drives side.

Paul
    ~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I replaced my cracked manifold a while back and had a new exhaust fitted a few months later - As it was custom made I had them include a flexi to take the vibration and stress of the manifold. (see picture). Note also the seat support cross pieces on the wood floor - subject of an earlier thread.
      IMG_0095.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
        I have recently struck gold!

Found a local man who has jigs for making exhaust manifolds for my Rover V8 to fit the Cabrio / Hunter!

Photos attached of the old / new. Note! - O/S manifold wrap removed on the old one to locate yet another cracked weld!

I am currently fitting these with target completion ready for the S W Meet this coming Sunday 8th Feb. I always need deadlines to get things done!

More pictures of final installation to follow.

Peter.

Near Side
        [ATTACH]5937[/ATTACH]

Off Side
        [ATTACH]5938[/ATTACH]
        After a delay due to non car jobs this project is back on the burner. Have spent the last two days wrapping the manifolds and hope to have them fitted by this coming weekend. Photos to follow. Peter.

Comment

New manifolds now fitted a last. Photos attached. Tickover seems much smoother than with the old manifolds. Hope to try a short run tomorrow. Then it's back to helping Happy Dave with his rear suspension Supaflex upgrade. Deadline completion is this Saturday so we will have both cars ready for the SW Meet this Sunday.

Offside Exh Manifold Fitted
          OS EXH MAN FITTED.jpg

Nearside Exh Manifold Fitted
          NS EXH MAN FITTED.jpg

Peter.

Comment

Wow, these manifolds are looking great. really nice.
            In my Marlin i have the original parts and they work good but they are not good looking .

How was assembling? all fits properly together?
            Maybe you could send me PM with contact data of the "local man"
            hopefully he will send some parts across to germany.

Comment

Deleted - just seen date of original post

Comment

yes , had seen that these post is some month old.
                but i only want to ask if it is possible to get some information about the parts.

Comment

Given the original design of the Rover/SD1 V8 and my limited knowledge, and at risk of making assumptions (AdminUser) does the exhaust manifold of an SD1 match any other of the V8 engines it was derived from?

An interesting doc I found some time ago is, http://www.vintagemodelairplane.com/.../Exhaust01.pdf A strange source address but interesting never the less.
                  MOC member since 05/97
                  1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                  1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                  Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                  X