Hello from Somerset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Somerset

Hello everyone. I'm the new owner of Hunter T4-128. I bought it and re-joined the club at the end of last year, now learning how to use the forum. The car was purchased SORN'd, needing I hope not too much work to get it running properly, from photos which also showed a few dents and scratches, again not too bad. Relieved I could get in it for the first drive off the trailer and into the workshop here near Taunton, I think its LWB. Should be using it this summer, paintwork can wait until next winter.
    I built my first (Triumph based) Marlin in '79 and used it until finishing the second (Marina based) in '89. That was sold and I left the club in about '98 thinking one day I'll get a Cabrio...one day has arrived
    My first appears in the gallery twice, once when I owned it (must find a better photo) and again in a dilapidated state after it was sold. The second is not there, yet.
    I also have several photos taken at shows in the early years which may be of interest, what is the best/easiest way to digitize transparencies?
    That's enough for now. PeterH.

Re: Hello from Somerset

Hi Peter,

Good to hear about your Marlin history. I built a MK2 Marina based car in the mid eighties, now on it's 12 owner and in Scotland I believe. I did have the chance to buy it in 2011 but passed up on it as it wasn't road worthy at that time. It' sa bit sad seeing a car you built like that isn't it.

No looking to buy a Triumph based car that's in Somerset, somewhere in Exmoor I believe, details here;

I was hoping someone from the club could take a look at it but haven't found anyone close enough yet. Do you know this car?

Anyway, keep us up to date with the Hunter.

David.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi David,
      I don't know the car, my first thought was how close is it to the SW Meet tomorrow. The answer is not close enough for me, other members may be closer. I do have a few thoughts for the other thread.
      PeterH

Comment

Hi Peter and welcome back to the club. I will hopefully see you tomorrow so we can meet then.

Dave

Comment

Peter,welcome back to the MOC. Please check for PM I have just sent you (Look in top RH corner, Notifications)

Rgds DC

Comment

Originally posted by droverpete View Post
            Hello everyone. I'm the new owner of Hunter T4-128. I bought it and re-joined the club at the end of last year, now learning how to use the forum. The car was purchased SORN'd, needing I hope not too much work to get it running properly, from photos which also showed a few dents and scratches, again not too bad. Relieved I could get in it for the first drive off the trailer and into the workshop here near Taunton, I think its LWB. Should be using it this summer, paintwork can wait until next winter.
            I built my first (Triumph based) Marlin in '79 and used it until finishing the second (Marina based) in '89. That was sold and I left the club in about '98 thinking one day I'll get a Cabrio...one day has arrived
            My first appears in the gallery twice, once when I owned it (must find a better photo) and again in a dilapidated state after it was sold. The second is not there, yet.
            I also have several photos taken at shows in the early years which may be of interest, what is the best/easiest way to digitize transparencies?
            That's enough for now. PeterH.
            Hi Peter and welcome back. What engine do you have in your Hunter? Hope you can make it to the SW Meet tomorrow at the Anchor Inn at Exebridge? Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter
              I'm a Cabrio owner and live just outside Taunton On the Blackdowns,Keep meaning to get along to the SW meets but never quite managed it yet!!
              Hopefully will meet up at some point I'll be on the look out for a Hunter locally!!
              Regard
              Bryan
              Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
              X