Where do I go from here ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where do I go from here ??

Wah ho the old guard lives I may even join again for the crack.

Originally posted by KitCarGirl View Post
    I'll still be supporting you regardless Keith. I was sad not be involved the LeJoG.

Most of us see this for what it is, an opportunity to raise funds for a worthy cause and a good bit of publicity for the MOC. If we all lived in fear of liability we wouldn't do anything.

(I'm now waiting for a response to my impertinence for posting on the Forum.)

Comment

I did leJog and felt I achieved something long live Keith, go for it matey. don't let the bu**ers get you down. I am 100% behind you.

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
      Wah ho the old guard lives I may even join again for the crack.

Comment

Ho Ho Keith :-D

Hopefully we will find some volunteers for the first leg or, as you say, the whole concept falls down anyway.

Come on guys, there must be someone in the right neck of the woods to cover the first part? Where's your sense of adventure?! We need some willing volunteers to start the whole thing off or it won't be a proper C2C trip. Who's out there in the east then?

Comment

My local Kit Car Club have just picked up on the following from the Motor Cycling fraternity. https://forum.motorcyclenews.com/top...for-rideouts/2 . To cover my Club for our runs the following is put on each outing's Forum quote :" All members must remember--- Your safety is your own responsibility. You must drive in a safe manner at all times and within your capabilities. Each driver participating in a Group event is responsible for their own safety and their consequences". Would this not solve the problem for the MOC ? David.

Comment

Just wondering, does the club have public liability insurance? If so wouldn't it cover any perceived liability?
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

David and Andy. Years ago you could get large sums 3rd party cover for events for tuppence a'penny but we have become such a litigious society that insurers have had to put premiums up to the extent that it becomes impracticable to consider it for the like of us and our runs out. They also don't like "in case something happens" - they much prefer to offer insurance for a known entity. I still don't know what spooked the committee but I assume it was as a result of some personal experience someone had. As for objecting to the use of the club logo for something that is promoting the club that seemed very strange. Anyway - let's put all that behind us and press on. Where I have used the club logo and the Parkinsons logo on the promo material I have added the lines:

"The presence of the MOC and Parkinson's UK logos does not imply any association - they are simply there to to point out some members of the MOC are attempting to raise funds for Parkinson's UK research"

In terms of drivers we are very nearly there. Bob Cawte phoned me and has offered his services in that he will be at the start and may very well do the whole run so the drivers are now

Leg Driver Name
              A Lowestoft 1 Bob Cawte
              B Thetford 1 Mike Garner
              2 Mark Westbrook White
              3 Bob Cawte
              C St. Neots 1 Mark Westbrook White
              2 Sue Roedel
              3 Bob Cawte
              D Buckingham 1 Andy Freebody
              2 Sue Roedel
              3 Bob Cawte

Ann & Brian Brooksby

E Chipping 1 Dave Peet
              Camden 2 Mel Perry
              Sue Roedel
              Bob Cawte
              F Hereford 1 Dane Crosby
              2 Dave Clutterbook
              3 Rob Aubrey
              4 Peter Licence
              5 Dave Licence
              6 Tony Jones
              Clive Martin
              Bob Cawte
              G Llandovery 1 Dane Crosby
              2 Dave Clutterbook
              3 Rob Aubrey
              4 Peter Licence
              Dave Licence
              Bob Cawte
              H St Davids

Comment

Originally posted by keithh View Post
                I still don't know what spooked the committee but I assume it was as a result of some personal experience someone had. As for objecting to the use of the club logo for something that is promoting the club that seemed very strange. Anyway - let's put all that behind us and press on. Where I have used the club logo and the Parkinsons logo on the promo material I have added the lines:

"The presence of the MOC and Parkinson's UK logos does not imply any association - they are simply there to to point out some members of the MOC are attempting to raise funds for Parkinson's UK research"
                Cant help but notice that
                a) Keith is still unclear about the issue that was being 'discussed in the background' and the real reason behind the Vice Chairs email that caused the initial furore.
                b) It's sad that Keith has to resort to a disclaimer to distance his efforts from the MOC.
                c) It is telling that two ex-committee members, that I understand resigned in testing circumstances, are volunteer drivers.

Putting that aside, I wish everyone involved in the endeavour the best of luck and hope that profiles of both the MOC, but more importantly, that Parkinson's UK are raised. It certainly looks like Keith's perseverance and organising skills will reap rewards.

Comment

Hi Keith,

I have decided that it will be good fun to start at the beginning of the run so I now have the approval of the memsaab I will be finding some accommodation in the area so that I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the run.
                  Can you let me know if you find a deal for a hotel or I will just look on line but think if anyone else is in a hotel it would be nice to meet up in the evening.

Mark.

Comment

PS. With regards to the Committee I don't know anything about the past or present politics nor do I want to all I know is that I am chairman of my local Parish Council and the Chairman of my local 41 Club (Old Round Tablers) and I can tell you it is a thankless task and as an ammeter it is easy to make mistakes and it is usually the ones that criticize the most that won't step up to the plate at election time.

I agree that this has not been handled sensitively but would now like us all to get behind Keith and make what promises to be a fantastic event run smoothly.
                    This charity is close to my heart having lost my Mother to the disease a few years ago and my very good friend having just been diagnosed with it.

PPS. No I will not be putting myself forward!!!!!!

Mark.

Comment

Well what was all that about ????? Good luck with the fund raiser and hope you have good weather for the run and put some very large Marlin stickers on your cars .It's hard enough to organise anything and get volunteers without all this negative stuff, poor show on the part of the committee beginning to see why Lee gave up.

Comment

Working...
                      X