white lion classic car meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white lion classic car meet

Met a couple of guys from the SKCC at the White lion classic car meeting. After having a look round at the various types of car that had arrived we went for a rin to alton and back. It was great getting out in the roadster, and she went very well. The new cooling fan switch cut in and out at the right temperature. all in all a good day in Hampshire :-D
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Re: white lion classic car meet

Must have been great after the big effort to get it back on the road.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Yes, it was the first proper run for a long time. Up until now I've only been going a short distance but now I think I've worked out most of the kinks.

While I think of it has anyone tried going as low as 16PSI on the tyre pressures? I've dropped mine from 20 to 18 and the difference is quite marked, the ride is significantly smoother and the handling doesn't seem to have suffered, in fact it's probably better for it.

Comment

Having spent most of the day fixing my wife's KA I decided to take the Marlin out for another run, still makes me grin from ear to ear

Comment

Working...
        X