X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q232 PDS Where is she now?

Hi Guys,

My nose is bothering me.

Does anyone know where my pals old Roadster is now? I have no other info other than it was a Marina 1.8 with MGB OD box as I have lost touch with him.

Awaiting new alloys in pics.

Thanks

Derek

PS Just looking for the car, the girl's now my wife
    Attached Files
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Re: Q232 PDS Where is she now?

Looks like it's a trials car now, or at least was. Currently taxed and MOT according to the DVLA so probably still in use.

Search for the first part of the registration mark from the clubs home page.(top right)

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/?attachment_id=1125

Last edited by David; 16-03-15, 07:50 AM.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

The car is well known as a "Trialler"

I don't know whose copyright this pic is .........taken in 2006.

Rgds DC
      PM sent
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dcunn; 16-03-15, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Marlin View Post
        Hi Guys,

My nose is bothering me.

Does anyone know where my pals old Roadster is now? I have no other info other than it was a Marina 1.8 with MGB OD box as I have lost touch with him.

Awaiting new alloys in pics.

Thanks

Derek

PS Just looking for the car, the girl's now my wife
        So lets read those words in a different order:
        The (pretty) girl sat in your mates car is now your wife?........and you've lost touch with your mate - wonder why????

Good luck with your search!

Comment

I was just looking at the above trials picture and noticed that it looked like it is no longer running on the Minnow Fish carb that it was built with.

Way way back in the mists of time when I had my Dutton we took the cars on a road trip to Holland. The Marlin proved to be rather thirsty while my 1500 pre crossflow Ford was pretty economical. I don't remember the Marlin being much nippier either,but that may be rose tinted glasses.

Did anyone else try a Minnow Fish?

Comment

Lots of the vintage Rolls Royce 20 - 20/25 were fitted with a type of Fish carb in the states as they could not figure out how to tune the Rolls carb...

Comment

My "Marlins in Trials" database notes say: "This car had 'done the rounds' in Gloucestershire, being owned by Dave Gobey and Rodney Green, before it was bought by Ian Ramsay in Summer 2002. Ian was a regular competitor in MCC events, and local ACTC events, and the car was also used by Ian's son Alex in PCTs. It was sold to Stewart Couch in October 2009 who entered it in the 2010 Lands End." The car was repainted from white to green and yellow by Rodney Green, I think. The car retired from the 2010 Lands End and was a non-starter for the 2011 MCC Exeter Trial, since when I've no record of the car in trials.

Comment

Thanks for that Andrew.

Good to people have had fun in it. We certainly did "back in the day".

Just had a nosy on the DVLA website and the car is on SORN with MOT expired 16/04/15
                Last edited by Blue Marlin; 05-10-16, 08:42 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Fast forward a few years🙂Q232PDS is in Hayle in Cornwall, I bought it at the end of January this year locally. It will go trialling again I am slowly working through it

Comment

Hi If you look on the Marlin Enthusiasts page on facebook its on there, guy name Mark.

Comment

See if you can find the hidden compartment for smuggling drugs / diamonds . The customs guys certainly tried when we brought it back from Amsterdam along with my Dutton Phaeton

Comment

It looks like Q232pds may have to go up for sale due to unforeseen circumstances, now sporting a Peugeot 306 d turbo engine coupled to an LDV gearbox, it starts and runs but does need quite a bit of work still

Comment

Working...
                        X