X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iva

Y E S
    At last my cabrio has passed the dreaded test

The first test was a failure, with a lot of silly faults like the wrong speed rating on 2 tyres. Well I certainly wont be travelling at over 121 mph anytime soon!
    The first tester really did not know his job-failed the copper fuel pipe as it had no lettering to be able to use unleaded full- yes you did read it right

Fortunately the 2nd tester was really good - even to help me adjust the headlamps that were slightly high.

So its apply for reg docs and I'm up and away. And I hope very much to see you all on the road.

All the best, Steve

Re: Iva

Fabulous news Steve and well done! will we see you at Stoneleigh???
    Although the IVA test has much to commend it - it seems more and more that it depends on WHO you get to do the test rather than the criteria against which it is tested.

But WELL DONE!!!

Comment

Congrats, I don't envy you guys doing new builds...
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Yeah!

Well done Steve. Perseverance pays in the end..............well done.

Are you still after a hood?

Mike

Comment

Well done.
          If you have a single donor make sure that DVLA issue an age related, not Q plate. I had to have a bit of a discussion with the DLVA inspector who saw my cabrio after IVA, as he insisted it should have a Q plate until I got him to look at DVLA's own web page, where he commented he though all kit cars should have Q plates. DVLA then issued my log book to an address in Lancashire, which was a bit of a surprise as I live in Somerset. I got them to re-issue it to the correct address and the vehicle description was "Ford Sierra, 4 door, blue" i.e. the donor's details. Next attempt was nearly right, Marlin Cabrio -Green, but they got the chassis number wrong....

So good luck with DVLA

Comment

Steve

Don't worry too much about being a single donor - it works on points per component. I got my Cabrio through on the Sierra donor, without even using its engine and gearbox, gaining enough points from front suspension, rear suspension, front brakes, rear brakes, hand brake, rear axle, complete steering rack and column. None of these are identifiable as vehicle (Sierra) specific.

If you have the engine from your donor, and can prove the engine number came from that donor, they will have no idea where the other major components came from - I'm assuming they are all Sierra anyway.
            It should be a simple "ope and shut case" - but DVLA will still contrive to make even that challenging - but you will get an age related plate.

Mike
            Last edited by Mike; 25-03-15, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X