Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation Blown Fuse Replacement: the total rebuild diary of a Marina based Roadster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Operation Blown Fuse Replacement: the total rebuild diary of a Marina based Roads

I just ordered two from Earlpart.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Re: Operation Blown Fuse Replacement: the total rebuild diary of a Marina based Roads

That Dashboard would look good in an Aeroplane Cockpit, plenty of Clocks your gonna have to get eh !..Looks very nice, mine is nice from a distance but mainly works and not too complicated ! will keep an eye peeled for the brake drums ime always surfing E-Bay.

Comment

Hello

I am actually a private pilot... hence the retro aero look of my dashboard

Just wait for the riveted aluminium parts I'm designing for the cockpit layout... sunglasses would be mandatory

Thanks for the sources for brake drums, I'll try there!

Christophe.

Comment

Hello all

Finaly I managed to give some time to the Marlin!

I dismantled the remaining components from the chassis that is now completely naked... except the windshield that is glued with silicon bond. I'm afraid to break it

I sandblasted all the parts after a chemical attack of the paints and now repainting with two components epoxy would occur soon.

I decided to change the dampers, even if they seem to be good and still full of oil, they're corroded and awfully painted, which I cannot stand

The Morris Marina featured an original front damper system, which is replaced on Roadsters by regular tubular dampers.

But which ones ?!? On mine, these parts come from a French car, since the word "HAUT ->" is engraved on the external tube to point at top end.

Maybe Renault or Peugeot parts, but which one ?

Does anyone knows what is the donnor for the front dampers of Roadsters ?

Rear ones are still in stock anywhere, this is amazing for a 40 years old car

Regards,
          Christophe.

Comment

You require Triumph Herald REAR shocks to fit the front of a Marlin roadster. Available from Rimmer brothers

Comment

Triumph Herald rear dampers were the factory recommendation for the front on Marina-based Roadsters, but any damper with an integral bumpstop & which has the same open/closed dimensions as the Triumph unit could be substituted.

As regards the windscreen sealant - you can (in the UK at least) buy a dissolving agent for silicone sealer which may make things easier. I have used it & it was quite effective.
              Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
              Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Many thanks for dampers and solvent

I'll order all ASAP.

Christophe.

Comment

Silicon seal remover, regularly to be found in Lidl - at least here in 29, as above very effective!

Comment

Working...
                  X