New toy at 67 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy at 67 !!

Me and my ideas eh.67 now and always wanted a little sporty car and been looking at loads of Kit cars and found this one, a Black Marlin Roadster 1983 build, Marina based with an 1800 I’m told B series engine in it, in need of a lot of TLC. Been neglected. Bit of a squeeze getting in there and getting out is more difficult ! I am not as bendy as I used to be at 67 but I will prevail Been working on it for a month now and seeing it coming to life now. Started with all the dirty work. Cleaned and painted all the running gear, cleaned and painted engine, checked brakes, changed oils, though there was none in the axle to change!! so put some in and hope its O-k when I drive it. Put new trim inside, new carpet etc. lot of cosmetic tidy up work as well spraying bits and bobs, bumper bars and stuff. Sorted out the exhaust which was a bit of a bugger to do but got there in the end all praise to E-Bay for parts. Then to my horror after fitting the new back box and flexi joint found the flange joint on the manifold blowing hot exhaust right onto the very close fuel pump. Seems to close for comfort to me having a fuel pump so close ?. So mended that and made and fitted a heat shield between em. Found the Handbrake cable adjusters inside the prop tunnel so altered the tunnel top and also made it so I can remove the carpet off the tunnel so I can get at it from inside the cockpit for ease of adjustment in the future. Getting to know the old thing a bit better every day. All the worst of it done now and getting to do the nice bits making it look presentable, not concourse but presentable!. Just waiting for the seats to be recovered. I do have other toys as well, another old classic car I have owned for 47 years now, bought it when I was 20 as a fun run around and take that to shows. Also 2 old Bikes and we have a Motor home as well to play with. Retired and loving it, having a fling while we can. Looking forward going for a drive in the luvly old thing and getting to Stoneleigh in the Marlin. But if I do make it there I may need some volunteers to lift me out if I have seized up getting there. All the best Graham..

Re: New toy at 67 !!

Look forward to seeing you and the car at Stoneleigh, please come and introduce yourself
    Here's three pics of the car taken in Nov 1988
    Rgds DC
    Attached Files

Comment

I love that 'modesty pouch' over teh steering column! Very smart little roadster - has it survived well?

Comment

I just love these old photo's....
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Nothing wrong with 67 , i started at 68 and hope i can finish my roadster before the big 70 ,let these younger take their cars to the paint shop and upholsters
          etc , we can manage to do it ourself ,with a little help from ( BEN )

Well done keep up the good work.

Comment

Good stuff hasse, glad I aint the oldest here !! cor blimey how did you know my car dcunn ? and yes it is surviving better now after a month of tittivatin and time consuming jobs which I have enjoyed doing. I will upload some pics when I have the seats back in.

Comment

68 in November built my first Marlin in 1983 (the first Alfa engined one) now have a similar car will be on the road easter 2016 !!

Comment

great stuff keeps you going eh !

Comment

Working...
                X