Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina 1.3 exhaust downpipe

Adrian

The exhaust system was supplied by Marlin many many years ago and as you can see is unused..... like the car.

Do you have a problem with the down pipe or are you missing this part?

It's a restoration of sorts. I've had it from new and it never got finished, Marriage and children got in the way.

So its back to square one, it's stripped back to a chassis whilst I ponder the solutions to the various IVA issues that will need to be resolved.

"I've started so i'll finish"

Mark

Not checker plate, just some cast off lino from my daughters bedroom

Comment

John

After speaking with you at Stoneleigh last year I am delighted to see you have taken up the spanners again. Will you visit Stoneleigh this Sun/Mon, if so come and say hello.

I'm still working on the production list so would be grateful to know the chassis number of your car

We'll all be watching your progress through to IVA with great interest - dare I suggest you start a photo thread in the "Build Diaries" part of this web site

Best Wishes with the project Rgds DC
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by john.cole77 View Post
        Adrian

The exhaust system was supplied by Marlin many many years ago and as you can see is unused..... like the car.

It's a restoration of sorts. I've had it from new and it never got finished, Marriage and children got in the way.

So its back to square one, it's stripped back to a chassis whilst I ponder the solutions to the various IVA issues that will need to be resolved.

Mark

Are you coming to Stoneleigh?

Adrian

Comment

Adrian

Mark

I have pm'd you, give me a bell

Comment

Adrian

Mark

Hi John

I will be at Stoneleigh all three days and will bring the Fibre Glass Spare wheel carrier with me.

Adrian

Comment

Adrian

I will be going to Stoneleigh on Monday.

I just looked at the weather forecast and weatherwise thatlooks like the best day.

To answer Dave's question regards the chassis number, there is no plate welded onto the chassis witha number but there is a number stamped into the aluminium in the bottom of the passenger side door apature.

The Chassis number is 2164 13 10 81.

The last 3 digits must be the date, which fits as I collected the body/chassis on 24/10/81, the weekend the clocks go back.

It was a nightmare of a journey.

John

Comment

Many thanks John, that's the one we thought it would be !

Next time you are around the car with a camera it would be good to have a pic of the stamping and where it is
                on the car, yours is a very early Mk2 and they obviously had not changed to the chassis plates by then.

I had heard that some early Mk2s were done like this but have never actually seen one.
                Thanks again, hope to see you at Stoneleigh

Rgds DC

Comment

Thought it looked a bit different from the pictures you put up i.e. on mine the panel below the door is solid?

Is there a blanking plate that fits in there?

Adrian

Comment

Working...
                  X