Berlinetta restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Berlinetta restoration Question?

As you will have seen elsewhere the Berli is now up for sale - an imminent house move precludes me taking her with me so I will sell her now and buy again once the move is sorted.
    Starting with a good car is always a good way to begin and this one was no exception. Recommissioning of the mechanics was needed and that was straightforward, with things renewed upgraded as I went through it. The paintwork was awful and there was only one way to do it - that was to strip it all back to the original substrates to prevent further reactions - at least if the new owner wants to change its colour there is a sound base on which to do it!
    So, to end this diary I have added the pictures I used on ebay - you never know they may help someone else in the future.

FrontOS.jpg

grille.jpg

interiorOS.jpg

boot.jpg

engineBayNS.jpg

Comment

Well this story now comes to an end, the car sold on ebay and will be moving on to a classic car dealer in France next week. The sale price was a little more than I expected and a little less than I hoped for but the market finds its own levels I'm sure.

Thought I would finish with a copy of the original car as it came to me.

silver-berly.jpg

RIght...next project!

Comment

Which will be a ......??????
        Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
        Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Working...
        X