Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With regard to thread ( Need info on my new Toy )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With regard to thread ( Need info on my new Toy )

After a month of waiting after contacting the DVLA Kits and Rebuild Section about my Marlin Roadster being registered as a Morris Sports ? I sent them pictures and some copies of the original first registration forms evidence to support my request. Was apprehensive about what would happen but I have received a new V5 off them with it now registered as a Marlin Roadster YIPPEE !! I am so relieved. It is now registered correctly. It did bug me about being registered as a Morris Sports. Must have been a muddle up all them years ago. No offence to Morris, the Roadster is Morris Marina based and very happy with that. I loved the Marlin before anyway but feel even more chuffed now.

Re: With regard to thread ( Need info on my new Toy )

Originally posted by old-n-notpastityet View Post
    After a month of waiting after contacting the DVLA Kits and Rebuild Section about my Marlin Roadster being registered as a Morris Sports ? I sent them pictures and some copies of the original first registration forms evidence to support my request. Was apprehensive about what would happen but I have received a new V5 off them with it now registered as a Marlin Roadster YIPPEE !! I am so relieved. It is now registered correctly. It did bug me about being registered as a Morris Sports. Must have been a muddle up all them years ago. No offence to Morris, the Roadster is Morris Marina based and very happy with that. I loved the Marlin before anyway but feel even more chuffed now.
    That's a good result, well done.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Cheers sure is a good result. Thought I might have had some red tape problems but none thankfully

Comment

Good news
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

This just proves, never say never.

Hopefully, now with your experience, others will be able to do the same and keep more of these cars on the road.

Congratulations.

Adrian

Comment

Well done, That gives me confidence to try for mine ,very good result

congratulations
            Hasse

Comment

Excellent result interesting to learn there is a kits and rebuild section perhaps they have run out of red tape!!
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
                Excellent result interesting to learn there is a kits and rebuild section perhaps they have run out of red tape!!
                More likely a bean counter worked out that costs to collect the extra revenue from getting these vehicles on the road was worth the effort
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
                  Thanks' for all the replies everybody. Here is the address I wrote to. ( The Kits and Rebuild Section. DVLA. Swansea SA99 1ZZ.)

Comment

Working...
                  X