cycle wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cycle wings

Can anyone who has fitted cycle mudguards to their Marina based roadster post a picture showing their bracket design?
    What started as a gearbox change has turned into something bigger!

Re: cycle wings

Just did some googling for kit car cycle mudguards and mudguard brackets then clicked on images and found some ideas on fittings from the pictures, would think it would be quite an easy task to come up with some home made brackets. Get someone to offer up the mudguards while you suss out where you might fix the brackets + the shape of them. From what I can see if you buy from the kit car people they can be very expensive. good luck with it.
    Found this via google, lot of pictures from a guy doing his own kit car, very informative hope its o-k to put on here http://www.roebuck.eclipse.co.uk/september2002.html
    Last edited by old_n_notpastityet; 23-05-15, 08:24 PM. Reason: found some info

Comment

Here or there
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Techniques are varied, but here is what I did to avoid any welded joints (which have a tendency to break judging by the various sevenesque forums). There is a lot of strain going through the brackets when on the move...also worth beefing up the GRP wherever you bolt through it. Mine are a little skimpy (cheapo eBay numbers) and the paint has cracked out already. I will be adding an extra couple of layers in places.

Note there is just enough thread on the steering arm to support this approach (3mm thick bracket) but I recommend new nylocs & use of thread lock to keep it all secure.

What doesn't show too clearly is the large plate secured behind the (Renault) caliper, to which the lower bracket attaches.

20150524_170613.jpg

20150524_170631.jpg

20150524_170644.jpg
        Last edited by lil_red_roadster; 24-05-15, 04:35 PM. Reason: rotate 2nd image
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Many thanks folks - much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X