• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg No

How can I find out the original car my roadster came from YFW 387K
    Thanks
    Steve Lilley

Re: Reg No

Try the DVLA 0300 790 6802 8.00am - 7.00pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am - 2.00pm on Saturday

Comment

At an outside chance try the Morris Marina Owners club. But the DVLA are more likely to hold accurate records.
      But if you are trying to source records of parts, nobody could be sure of the real original donor, or what the original builder actually used during construction, especially if you have a hybrid car.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

You can request copies of all previous v5s using a specific from via the DVLA - this should include the Marlin and the donor vehicle ones at a cost of around £5. I have done this for other vehicles I have restored over the years in order to build up a history file - I have also had success contacting previous owners named on various V5s to help with vehicle history (having had copies of photos and original paperwork provided in response). My approach is normally to send the form off, then call directory enquiries and check the names against the addresses (and get their phone number) - once I suspect the owes are still at the V5 addresses I then write to them with a letter explaining what I am doing and provide a self addressed envelope (incl stamp) in the hope that this helps get a response. Apologies but I can't remember the form you need, but there is a specific form that I got from my local Post Office.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I am changing the trunnion bushes and I think I need to know if the donor car was an 1100 , 1300 , or 1800.
          Steve Lilley

Comment

Not sure which part you mean, can you reference it on the Mk2 Parts or Mk1 parts

The Trunions/Swivel Pin Lower Link have no bushes, but the Eyebolt does.

There is no significant difference between 1100/1300/1800/Ital cars except on very early Marinas that were subject to a recall. Currently available spares fit all cars.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
            X