Superflex Polyeurethane bushes for a Marina Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Superflex Polyeurethane bushes for a Marina Roadster

Over 40 possible years my guess is that the bushes were unlikely to be original fit but I have seen several with the same discolouration and in the same crumbling condition. Nothing at all alarming there except a clue to lack of use or maintenance.

Superflex seem to be the way to go, anything you find as New Old Stock I would steer well away from, who knows how old they might already be.

These are particularly in the open on a Marina Roadster, UV is the killer, that will bleach or damage many materials.

Comment

Seem to recall that when I built mine, brand new dealer-supplied replacements came in the same light-brown colour.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
        Seem to recall that when I built mine, brand new dealer-supplied replacements came in the same light-brown colour.
        Materials have changed dramatically from the 70's, 80's, and 90's etc. We are now 46 years on from the first Marina and the materials available back then.

If your tie rod bushes are Michael47's colour, you should have changed them years ago

Stick with Superflex!

ps. I don't have shares in the company.

Comment

I was just stuffing around on Rimmerbros site, after dropping clutch slave and master cylinder repair kits, and new cylinders just in case repair is not possible, when for some reason I searched for Marina, presto, this came up and I recalled this thread;

https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/ItemSea...arina--srcin-1

Maybe it w this thread in the back of my mind that prompted the search...
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            I was just stuffing around on Rimmerbros site, after dropping clutch slave and master cylinder repair kits, and new cylinders just in case repair is not possible, when for some reason I searched for Marina, presto, this came up and I recalled this thread;

Rimmer Bros has a variety of Marina products available. We offer an extensive selection of top quality products especially catering to Marina.'

Maybe it w this thread in the back of my mind that prompted the search...
            For clutch and brake hydraulic cylinders, have a look for Chris Weedon and the Morris Marina Owners club. He has established deals for restoring the major parts.

Bushes. They look genuine Superflex, but why pay more?

Comment

Thanks Steve, my car is a hybrid, Marina back end with Vitesse engine and box, GT6 pedal assembly (and now with later GT6 carbs) so was ordering Triumph parts so a bit different to the Morris stuff.
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
              X