• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marina Roadster 1.8TC Q67 GJA

Well done DC an inspiration to us all

Comment

What paint did you use, and how many cans did it take to cover?
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Thanks guys for the compliments

Andy, local paint stockist mixed the cans, Cornish Cream and Tuscan Beige to match closest to original colours, 18 cans in total plus etch and
        white and grey primers and lacquer (some of them from Halfords) plus wetndry, sticky rags and panel wipe etc etc

Something like £300 - £350 altogether

Greatest difficulty is the low product output from the cans when trying to maintain a wet edge on the large bits, the body tub and the bonnet top

T cut or similar will polish out the blow overs - a job for the new owner, not me !

Top tip : Buy all the paint in one batch as there can be slight colour differences - check the shade change at the join of front and rear wings

Rgds DC
        Last edited by dcunn; 03-07-17, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Beautiful job, but why are you selling it?

Comment

Cos it was only ever bought as a rebuild project in my retirement. Never intended as a keeper, it's the second Roadster total rebuild I have done.

Now it's finished it needs to be moved on as I have another one to do !

Rgds DC

Comment

Right, that's it, MoT passed today with no advisories

Car is now for sale at £2895, pictures are at post #118

Q67 GJA is a Marina based Marlin SWB Roadster with a 1.8 TC engine/gearbox.
              The V5C is in my name and correctly noted as a Marlin, first registered April 1987.
              It has been completely stripped to bare metal and on rebuild since May 2015.
              Many new parts include Alternator - Front Discs, Calipers and pads - Front Shock Absorbers
              -Rear Springs - Rear Brake cylinders - Brake and Clutch Master cylinders – Big end and
              main bearing shells - Water pump – Plastic head lamp buckets – Track rod ends – Speedo cable
              A file of paperwork/bills/manuals and a full photographic build record come with the car.
              I have fitted a used shortened hood from a LWB car. There are no side screens, and the seatbacks need upholstering (see pics)
              The paint job has been done with rattle cans and will benefit from some T cutting and polishing.
              This car is a long way from being concours, but is a good solid one to be enjoyed once the “shake down”
              driving is done.
              It has only done 3 miles to/from the MoT station since it has been put back together

Comment

Congratulations DC on putting another one back on the road.
                See you Wednesday !

Comment

Cheers Dog (and Mrs Dog), indeed you will - but not in it !
                  Rgds DC

Comment

'Through the finishing tape' - well done
                    Looks, and I'm sure, drives superb.
                    Brian

Learning more about:
                    June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
                    1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
                    And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

No surprise that it's sold already. Someone can consider themselves very lucky to have snapped it up.

As dogoncrazy says well done DC for saving another.

Comment

A blast from the past, whilst browsing to pass the time in these locked down days, look what I found on Youtube.

The car went to Germany and languished unsold there for some time, but it now has a new owner

BTW the not very quiet silencer is just beneath the Go Pro

Marlin Roadster, Marina 1800 TC based Motor and Gearbox, A Kit Car from England

Ein kleiner Ausflug mit dem Marlin Roadster...Kit Kar, auf Basis eines Morris Marina.1800 Twin Carb Motor (MGB)

DC
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see it again David!

Comment

Hello
                            iam the new owner of this fantastic Marlin! The Seats are newly upholstered by my selve, Chrome rear view mirror,
                            Sheet metal over the exhaust, so you dont get burned on it, i have a little Child...so its saver....
                            New seat belts (red)
                            Some Pictures for now...

Grüße André

Marlin1.jpg marlin 2.jpg
                            WhatsApp Image 2020-10-12 at 18.34.21.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-12 at 18.34.22.jpeg

Comment

later, i will show you the new seats and Metal Sheet etc....

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X