No announcement yet.

Would have liked to gone for a drive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would have liked to gone for a drive...

The plan was to fit the tow bar then drive over to Anglesey for the week but when pushing the Roadster back in the garage last night I thought I'd lost all my strength.
    The rear near side wheel decided to lock up. Out with the spanners, having just put them all away, to find the cylinder seized.
    Hey ho...new ones ordered, so that should be Wednesday's job. Today will be spent stripping down the brakes.
    Is there no end to this maintenance???

Re: Would have liked to gone for a drive...

Today, having replaced the rear wheel cylinders, bled the brakes, and driven the car up and down the drive, slamming on the brakes to see if they work, I can confirm that if you leave the container of brake fluid on the bulk head it won't budge as the bit of fluid that dripped down the bottle without you noticing will react with the paint and stick firmly in place. So, out with the spare paint and time to touch up the bulk head whilst no one is looking...

Comment

Life's always a learning curve, keep wondering where the top is! ; - D)

Comment

That sounds like a nice few days driving around Anglesey I hope the weather stays fine, a few photos up at South Stack would look well.

Comment

Kev, in his YKC Julietta, and I came up to Anglesey today, Harry, via Mold, Denbigh, Pentrafoelas (prob spelt wrong but stunning road if you haven't done it), Betys y Coed, then cut across Anglesey to avoid A55. Coffee and cake at the Ugly House. A great day out and now polished off a bottle of JD, planning route back tomorrow, Saturday weather looks awful so just the one night in caravans this time. Did manage to get kayaks out to paddle across the bay, as well and a meal in the Valley hotel pub after.
          All in all, a brilliant day out!

Comment

Hi Garath, that sounds great, and yes I've driven that route across the moors many times, it's a superb run much loved by the bikers, the Pilot boat ( A5 at Anglesey) used to do a fantastic braised Lamb this time of year, if you are up that way again, I was last drinking at the Ship Inn at Red Warf bay, early this year.

Comment

Didn't get to South Stack this time, Harry, but took a few pics from the campsite.
              Great drive back in a sort of zigzag route across North Wales.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice photos. Ideal for next year's calendar? Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
                  Nice photos. Ideal for next year's calendar? Peter.
                  More than welcome to use them if they're not too grainy. Taken with my mobile. Gareth.

Comment

Working...
                  X