Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 speed gearbox

hi all
    got a lttle problem after fitting the box, the speedo cable will not fit the box because of there is not enough room between the box and the transmission tunnel. is there such a thing as a right angle fitting i could use??
    thanks
    bob

Re: 5 speed gearbox

Hi again Bob
    Yes indead there is ,my son's has one fitted to his 5 speed.Europa at Tutbury staffs being one source,price however is about ?54 +vat[ouch] Part no is ADFORD.You'll also need a new cable to attach it to the right angle drive,if you view their web europaspares.com you'll see what i mean.Possibly available else where ie Speedograph or Speedycables in Wales but prices may not vary that much.
    Regards Alan

Comment

Me Again !
      The cable on my cabrio is contained within the car.Hole in transmission tunnel side in line with speedo drive takeoff thro'wiring grommet to seal it,then routed across floor under carpet and up bulkhead to speedo head.cheaper than buying a right angled drive and new cable.Just an option,I've had no problems with mine so far.

Comment

Cheers Alan
        mmmmmmmmmm maybe the through car option just may be the answer
        thanks again
        Bob

Comment

I fitted a type 9 to the B series and also winced at the cost of a right-angle adapter. I brought the cable in through the tunnel-side (nice flat trajectory) and under the carpet etc etc. Works fine - slight lump in the carpet but no big deal... As Alan says, Speedograph and Europa supply the adapters...maybe 1 day...!
          Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
          Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

hi
            i have taken through the car route and out of the tunnel as you say a lump in the carpet but lots cheaper.
            thanks
            Bob

Comment

Working...
            X