Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster

Looking round the web and found this beautiful little Roadster.

Proves they can look very nice with Cycle Wings.

Maybe the way forward to get them through the IVA

Adrian

4604225.jpg

Re: Roadster

Interesting doors
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

I think there standard.

See Picture, just look different without the full wings.

4604229.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
        I think there standard.

See Picture, just look different without the full wings.

[ATTACH]6599[/ATTACH]
        No they have been made full drop with the bottom steel panel removed. Like the colour.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

It was on eBay a while back...looks even better now.
          But I bet the price has gone up judging by the company it is keeping in the showroom..!
          My only reservation about the doors is wondering how much (if any) the now missing filler piece contributes to structural integrity.
          Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
          Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

I nearly made an offer on that one when it was up for sale with that vendor, but it was too far over budget and I think it had Pinto power which I'm not a fan of.

If I recall it had a nice aluminium dash and very well trimmed.
            Last edited by David; 19-06-15, 07:45 PM.
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Well Spotted

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
              No they have been made full drop with the bottom steel panel removed. Like the colour.
              Another couple of picies

4604231.jpg
              4604233.jpg
              Last edited by listerjp2; 20-06-15, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Whoever built this, really has an eye for detail and style. It all comes together very well - very stripped away, minimalist, yet with real style.

I'd like to know where the cycle wings came from - they look so much better than most examples I've seen fitted to a Marlin - Roadster, or Sportster.

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post

Proves they can look very nice with Cycle Wings.

Adrian

[ATTACH]6598[/ATTACH]

Comment

That's encouraging seeing as I am rebuilding mine with cycle wings using steel trailer mudguards which are the best shape I have found....
                  Have gone for body mounted front mudguards with their rear flared to cover the wheel when turning, hopefully will have it back on the road by the end of next month.

Comment

Post some pictures for us please when back on the road

Comment

I think this is a cracker of a car, not to keen on the checker plate interior.
                      I would like to know where the exhaust runs, it is Ford 1600 so good possibility its a Kent and would exit on the nearside but it looks as if it must be run under the car as the view from the front does not show an exhaust
                      http://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C488409.
                      This being the case ground clearance must be an issue.
                      Graham

Comment

Here is a picture of the underslung exhaust exiting at the rear.

I have saved pictures of this car because I was inspired like the look of it, and it convinced me go go down the cycle wing route with my car

I like the Idea of extending the doors to make getting in and out a bit easier but was also concerned with the potential loss of longitudinal strength.

My current thinking is to replace the front and rear bulkheads and the gearbox tunnel with steel sheet to add rigidity similar to a lotus backbone chassis.

I haven't found any cycle wings that I like the look of yet that you can buy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Have you looked at wheel arches for trailers

Comment

Try http://www.autow.com/trailer-parts/trailer-mudguards

Comment

Where is this car for sale? Wouldn't buy it - just snooping. I like the steering wheel angle, I guess it isn't Marina based. I am thinking about the cycle wing option, my idea is to modify some rear wings by chopping and filling the rear light clusters and extending the flare-out at the back. Also I would cut and shape the front at "2 o'clock".
                              Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Working...
                              X