Sierra 2l DOHC EFI Air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sierra 2l DOHC EFI Air filter

I'm very slowly installing a Sierra 2l DOHC EFI in my cabrio. There seems very little space between the plenum and radiator. I have looked through the K&N and Pipercross products and can not find an air filter that will fit. Anyone out there got a recommendation?
    Chris

Re: Sierra 2l DOHC EFI Air filter

Hi Chris
    Just been looking at replacing my air filter, by my calculations Pt No RU-0800 or RU-0820 which are straight air filters or Pt No SN-2570 which is tapered will fit, I have not decided which one to buy yet. See attached picture which shows how mine is fixed yours may be similar ?, also highlights the need to remove the radiator to clean and repaint which I am sure will lead to it being recored. If your engine has been stood for a while I can recommend using BG44K fuel injection system cleaner it has improved the performance of mine.
    Regards DaveDSCF1103.JPG

Comment

Ah, now that is interesting! I got the engine second hand, and there was no elbow on the end of the inlet so it comes to an abrupt stop. Following advice from Cameron I've got an idle control valve and a short length of hose so I can connect it to the manifold and have it dangling in space. Anyway here is a photo of what I've got.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris
        See picture attached taken from the other side, the hose you see in the top left hand corner rests on the elbow. Should have said the part numbers are for K&N filters these are to fit 62mm OD there are many different sizes available, at around £40.00 not exactly cheap but I would imagine worth the expense.
        Regards
        DaveDSCF1104.JPG

Comment

Here is another version of layout - I will try and read part numbers in the daylight tomorrow.

Last edited by keith_h; 21-07-15, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks Keith.
            Looks like I need to source a right angle elbow.
            I note we all seem to have chosen BRG for our colour!
            Regards
            Chris

Comment

There was no serial no. so I took measurements (it is a K & N filter). You did me a favour because I took it off to measure it and you have never seen so much crud in a filter - there was enough seeds and oil to make a small loaf.

(I got the copper right angle from a very good plumbing outfit that did commercial installations)

Comment

I have a similar arrangement on my 2.0L DOHC engined Cabrio. The K&N filter I used is part no. SN-2600. Officially its listed for snowmobiles but it is a universal clamp on fitting and is ok for up to 200bhp normally aspirated.

Comment

Working...
                X