Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter pack

Hi folks
    I thought it may be useful to pass on details of this bit of kit as I found it invaluable during my recent trip across Europe and may well be of interest to others
    It is a vehicle starter pack which is small enough to sit on my bulkhead under the bonnet(see pic)
    It can be recharged via 240V mains,USB or from your vehicle.
    It also has adapters for phones and other electronic equipment
    There are lots on Ebay of varying makes outputs and of course prices
    This particular one outputs 20000mAh and I chose it as it was advertised as suitable for up to 3.5l Petrol and 2.8l Diesel, so should have plenty of punch for my 2l
    It weighs less than 1lb and measures 165mm x 79mm x 40mm so is tiny!
    I was initially sceptical when it arrived in the post as although I had read the description when I actually had it in my hand I thought "no-way" so I deliberately drained my Battery and used it to fire up the Cabrio 3 times from cold and there was still plenty of charge to do more if required but I was satisfied it was up to the job
    I then fitted it under the bonnet for the trip abroad and it came into use when I left headlights on for several hours in a car park in Austria and came back to not even a flicker,so connected up and started no problem so saving the day and saving me from a "rollocking" from my co-pilot!!
    Regards
    Bryan
    Stapley Bryan

Re: Starter pack

Forgot to add the Picture!
    No wonder I forgot to turn the Headlights off!!
    Attached Files
    Stapley Bryan

Comment

Looks good, nice and light and easy to store as you say. I got one of them big heavy ones for our Motorhome but will get one of these for the Marlin as well, thanks for the info on them. I had not seen one before. Cheers and good Marlinnin

Comment

Brian

What was the make you chose?
        Which site on ebay?

Mike

Comment

Hi
          Not sure how many people know about them as most of my mates had not,hence my post
          I too have a full size one that I carry in my works vehicle,obviously not an option for the marlin when out and about!
          I stumbled on them when surfing "tinternet" just after having a flat battery following a short period of car being laid up and thought it may come in useful
          It certainly paid for itself for me in Austria
          Bryan
          Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Mike
            The seller I chose is Afterpartz_us on Ebay

Make Afterpartz
            Model No ST-DO0
            20000mAh
            Starting current quoted as 200A with peak current at 400A, I can only say it starts the Cabrio no problem at all

I paid 59quid,I could have got it cheaper direct from China or Hong Kong (and I have used these options to save money on several occasions) but as I was sceptical for this chose UK seller so I could return it easily!

So far have not regretted my choice
            Bryan
            Stapley Bryan

Comment

Cheers Bryan

I like the idea, but I suppose I am sceptical too - they just look too small to pack enough punch to start a big engine - yet your experience suggests they work.

Definitely one for the future - thanks for sharing it.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X