X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Roadster

Lovely interesting project

Re: V8 Roadster

Ditto. lovely project, ready for next summer?

Comment

interesting...lets see how much the rice will climb as (imo) the buy-now is a bit too optimistic.

Comment

Look closely at the chassis there appears to be a bit of corrosion still to be cut out. I quite fancy it though.

Comment

would think it would take a couple of grand to make a nice car !!!

Comment

Just thought I'd say hi just bought the v8 project off ebay so thought it would be wise to join the club and the forum and start getting to know a few so I can pick your brains.
            I am no new to Marlins I used to run a Triumph GT6 based mark 1 back in the day, kids have gone and need new hobby wife suggested dancing I immediately bid on the Marlin.
            I am based in the North East and would be interested in getting in touch with other owners up here for shared expertise and garage based tea consumption.

Comment

Well you will know its just like a big dinky toy to rebuild !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lanciajohn View Post
                Just thought I'd say hi just bought the v8 project off ebay so thought it would be wise to join the club and the forum and start getting to know a few so I can pick your brains.
                I am no new to Marlins I used to run a Triumph GT6 based mark 1 back in the day, kids have gone and need new hobby wife suggested dancing I immediately bid on the Marlin.
                I am based in the North East and would be interested in getting in touch with other owners up here for shared expertise and garage based tea consumption.
                Welcome, really interested to see how this one progresses.
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Welcome Lanciajohn, and good luck with it.
                  Here's a bit of encouragement from the archives :
                  The pic is from the club archive, and mag extract is from Kit Car May 1989
                  Rgds DC
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations, my wife locked me in the shed to stop me bidding on it.

Comment

thanks for the pics. I can show the wife and convince her it will all be worth it!!! picking it up on sunday. plan is to have it ready for summer. tall order but should be doable. Reckon missing emmerdale for 9 months will be tough but has to be done. Should be able to pick the plot back up easily enough

Comment

^ even after 10 years!! ; -))

Comment

PM sent...look at the Forum welcome screen, top right "Notifications" and click on it
                          Last edited by dcunn; 09-09-15, 07:28 PM.

Comment

It's been suggested to me by another member who shall remain nameless that the 'bonnet bulges' were formed on a female buck!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Alan if it is the one with the (bulges) !! The build of this one was well covered by which Kit mag at the time. Type of blue colour then if it is the same one.

Comment

Working...
                              X