Back on the Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on the Road

Well I got clutch slip in May, that lead me to deciding to change gearbox to ford T9 seeing as I was taking it out anyway, found rust when I stripped front panels off so decided to respray, and change from full length wings to cycle wings....... passed MOT on Friday.
    Phew!
    20150925_120805.jpg20150925_120749.jpg
    Attached Files

Re: Back on the Road

Car looks great.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Very nice!!! Love it!
      Gareth.

Comment

Good job, love the back end as well.

If you want to dispose of the old wings I know someone who may well be interested - call me.

Rgds DC

Comment

The rear wings got snapped up very quickly when I put them up here a few months back but the front wings were propped up against the garage when we had one of the summer gales - now a little scratched and dinked.....

Comment

Best looking cycle wings I have seen, makes the car look great.

Where did you get them or did you make them?

Adrian
            Last edited by listerjp2; 30-09-15, 08:01 AM.

Comment

They are steel trailer mudguards from Tanfield Trailers in Horsham, needed a little filling to loose the wrinkles where they had been folded / shaped at the edges and added the flare to the front guards by buying one extra mudguard and adding a "slice" of the spare guard to the inside of each to cover the wheels when cornering (welded and then filled).

The rear guards were drilled out to allow the fitting of the classic Mini lights.

I will be fitting mudflaps on the fronts to reduce the likelihood of getting a face full of what ever I drive through......

Other modification was to hinge the lower bonnet panel to the upper so the whole thing opens, had to cut a slice from the front (wraps round the steering rack) and the side of the leg tunnel to the rear. It does make working on the engine miles easier!
              Last edited by charles44; 30-09-15, 08:27 AM.

Comment

looks fantastic very impressed with the cycle wings. Could I ask about your windscreen frame seems to have a chrome / stainless cover which looks good. where did you get it from?

Comment

The screen cover was on the car when I got it, however by chance I was in a local company called Cirrus Laser on Friday collecting some trophies they had laser cut for me and the guy came out and said "ah! - a Marlin, we used to do the windscreen surrounds for those" so it might be worth asking if they have the details and can do some more?

Comment

Cirrus laser are a good company to know and deal with, always happy to help. But, they never told me they did screen surrounds for roadsters. I might have to give them a call.
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Sent them an email maybe we could get a group order ??

Comment

I spoke to the lady in their office and she quite reasonably asked who had owned the original design?
                        If it was the roadster that they did the surround for and they can get the OK from who ever used to order it then no problem, if not then we can just draw up what we need and they can make them afresh (I have a template parked on the drive!)

Comment

I would be intrested in one if a group order goes ahead depending on price. Your car looks great charles and the window screen surround looks spot on.

Comment

I would be intrested in one if a group order goes ahead depending on price. and assuming that the screen frame is the same for all roadsters, eg marina base and particularly YKC

YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

I would be interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X