New member looking for winter project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member looking for winter project

Hello everyone I've just signed up to the Forum I'm looking for a Berlinetta for a winter project must be DVLA Registered thanks in anticipation
    Eddie ,

Re: New member looking for winter project

Hi Eddie and welcome to the club. I can't help with your search I'm afraid but hopefully someone will come along shortly. I am currently rebuilding my Sierra based Berli and you can read about it in the build diary section where you will also find other Marlin restoration stories. I would say you have taken two important steps in the right direction by firstly joining the club, and secondly insisting that the car is correctly registered. Good luck and keep us up to date with your progress.

Scott.

Comment

Hi Scott, thanks for the welcome I'm just finishing off my Beauford so I'm not desperate yet.
      but if something turns up I will have it.

Comment

ah the beauford = wasnt that a mini tub and some grp on a big ladder frame?

Comment

Welcome, Just noticed a Berlinetta has recently gone on Ebay.301766366282.

Comment

Hi Alan, I just spotted that myself what do you guys think would be a good price to pay for it bear in mind the condition

Originally posted by Alan,Glos'ter View Post
            Welcome, Just noticed a Berlinetta has recently gone on Ebay.301766366282.
            Last edited by rusty barrel; 14-10-15, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty barrel View Post
              Hi Alan, I just spotted that myself what do you guys think would be a good price to pay for it bear in mind the condition
              It looks like it's possibly a Sierra based, there wasn't that many of them built ( mine being cortina based ) but road going with MOT till next year, it's got to be worth while. Shame it's a 1600 and a 4 speed box though, personally try for £1500 - 2K, with top at 2.5K. This being just my personal thoughts, but hey everyone's will say differently. ( This should get get some feedback from the others.) Cheers

Comment

It looks like it's possibly a Sierra based, there wasn't that many of them built ( mine being cortina based ) but road going with MOT till next year, it's got to be worth while. Shame it's a 1600 and a 4 speed box though, personally try for £1500 - 2K, with top at 2.5K. This being just my personal thoughts, but hey everyone's will say differently. ( This should get get some feedback from the others.) Cheers
                Why do you think it is Sierra based?................the front suspension is Cortina isn't it?

Comment

Yes Mike Q52 JEY is as you say a Cortina based Berly Like you I do not understand why Alan should think that it is Sierra based?

Comment

Originally posted by danny.nelson View Post
                    Yes Mike Q52 JEY is as you say a Cortina based Berly Like you I do not understand why Alan should think that it is Sierra based?
                    How can you tell the difference?
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Front suspension, rear suspension, Front bumper brackets, There are some other items, but these three tell you straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                        How can you tell the difference?
                        For me, its in the front suspension.

This Cortina based Berly has the large upper pressed wishbone, and spring down to the lower wishbone so typical of the Cortina.

The Sierra Berly has a Marlin fabricated upper wishbone with a coilover spring going up to a chassis mount.

Its just like knowing the difference between a Triumph and Marina based Roadster by looking at the suspension.

Maybe Danny can tell because of other more subtle differences, but they pass me by too..........

........... front bumper attachment - does this look the same?
                        Last edited by Mike; 16-10-15, 01:43 PM.

Comment

On my iPad Mini the pictures are not sufficiently large or clear to allow me to see those details. I was hoping there was something body wise that stood out.
                          Never mind.
                          MOC member since 05/97
                          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Hi, it's me again, I first noticed it on my(not so) smart phone as (Ebay pings my saved searches) on zooming in on it,it looked at first to be Sierra, my mistake. Having now looked again on my PC, what a plonker !! Still it's getting the ball rolling, and the bidding is starting to move. Sorry Rusty, & thanks guys.

Comment

Hi, it's me again, I first noticed it on my(not so) smart phone as (Ebay pings my saved searches) on zooming in on it,it looked at first to be Sierra, my mistake. Having now looked again on my PC, what a plonker !! Still it's getting the ball rolling, and the bidding is starting to move. Sorry Rusty, & thanks guys.
                              Absolutely!
                              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                              X