New member looking for winter project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New member looking for winter project

Only a bit of friendly discussion Alan, and as you say got the ball rolling.

Comment

If we are still talking about the Berlinetta on eBay, it's ending in around three hours, and even if it is Cortina based, right now it seems a bargain. shame it's not a larger engine.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I've just found this https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-cars...ing/1138724242

It was to late for me I just bought the red one that was on the bay.
        I wouldn't mind the hardtop by the way can you still get them from the manufacturer the hardtop that is
        Eddie
        Last edited by rusty barrel; 21-10-15, 03:48 PM.

Comment

There is no manufacturer for the Berlinetta nor has there been for quite a few years. Your best bet , lookout for one for sale secondhand, I get to hear of them for sale from time to time. I also have kept parts for Berlys for many years, but the stock is getting less now, but you never can tell I may just have a part that you require. Good idea to get a build manual before you start. Give me a call if you think there is anything I may be able to help with.
          Danny.

Comment

Thanks Danny

Comment

Originally posted by rusty barrel View Post
              I've just found this https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-cars...ing/1138724242

It was to late for me I just bought the red one that was on the bay.
              I wouldn't mind the hardtop by the way can you still get them from the manufacturer the hardtop that is
              Eddie
              Looks like it has never been on the road and so it would have to pass the IVA test, which has so far not been achieved by a Berlinetta due to the original design requiring some major changes to pass the modern test. Eddie you should call him and explain this and then make an offer on the hard top!

Scott.

Comment

Working...
              X