Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless wiper blades/arms.

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member having recently bought a Marlin Hunter. I would like to fit stainless wiper arms and blades, therefore, can anyone tell me where I can buy them?

Thanks
    Graham

Re: Stainless wiper blades/arms.

Wouldn't stainless blades scratch the windscreen???
    Sorry Graham, I've had a drink...
    I'll go now.....

Comment

They may look pretty but in bright sunlight the dazzle can become very annoying. Personally I favour matt black for anything that impinges on the view ahead.

I even had to put a strip of black duct tape along the top of the polished windscreen capping on my Hunter as the strobe effect of the streetlights at night looked more like you were driving down the approach lighting to an airport runway! Peter.

Originally posted by Graham Fenwick View Post
      Hi everyone,

I'm a new member having recently bought a Marlin Hunter. I would like to fit stainless wiper arms and blades, therefore, can anyone tell me where I can buy them?

Thanks
      Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
        Wouldn't stainless blades scratch the windscreen???
        Sorry Graham, I've had a drink...
        I'll go now.....
        That was funny...
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          That was funny...
          Thanks guys, very helpful. I'll keep looking.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thanks
            Graham

Hi Graham

The Cabrio/Hunter is based on Ford donors - primarily the Sierra. It is likely your wiper spindles will be Ford.

I believe Lee Hunter fitted stainless arms/wiper cradles to his Cabrio - try sending him a Private Message - he goes by the name CosworthCabrioLee.

Whether he made them up himself, or was able to buy off the shelf arms I can not remember - probably both thinking about it - standard Ford part, but shortened arms to suit a shallow Cabrio screen?

Let us know how you get on. If Lee does not respond, we can provide you with his personal email address.

Hope this helps

Mike

PS
            I chuckled at Gareths comment too.......sorry!!

Comment

Have to agree that innapropriatly reflective surfaces may give the concourse look, practicality suggests otherwise.

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for the information, it points me in the right direction. I shall contact Lee and try to pick his brains.

Regards
                Graham

PS Not looking for the concourse look, just prefer stainless steel.

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for the information, it points me in the right direction. I shall contact Lee and try to pick his brains.

Regards
                  Graham

PS Not looking for the concourse look, just prefer stainless steel.
                  Graham

The old boy's brain hasn't completed faded yet........I had a trawl through Lee's build diary - the arms came from a Granada Mk2, and the blade carriers from an MGB.

If you search for : "Cabrio Cosworth latest update" - post number 23.

You will have to shorten the arms which is not easy as stainless is difficult to drill- its soft, but work hardens incredibly quickly under heat. Ideally a slowpillar drill is required.

Mike
                  Last edited by Mike; 18-10-15, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Have a look at Holdens website and search for wiper blades. Loads of different sizes. Peter.

Holden Vintage & Classic car parts, spares & accessories | Over 30 years experience | Next day delivery | Maintenance, Electrical, Hardware, Clothes

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
                      Have a look at Holdens website and search for wiper blades. Loads of different sizes. Peter.

http://www.holden.co.uk
                      Many thanks for all the info.
                      It seems likely that I will have to adapt something to make it all fit, but as I have a reasonable workshop I think it may not be too difficult.

I will keep you all updated.

Regards
                      Graham

Comment

I liked the Holden web site, I had not come across it before.

Comment

After the flippant comment of mine on this thread I went out and check my new stainless wiper blades that replaced the matt black painted ones to see that they are in fact a bit too long and rub on the windscreen frame. Will have to review that now.
                          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is what I have on my roadster, originally a Land Rover part from memory but they were cut down to length.
                            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Hi everyone, this gets more interesting. Rang Marlin today to try and find out exactly what donor parts they were using in 97 but the office is closed until the end of oct, so I took one of the wipers to my local Ford dealer and the chap in the parts dept did not recognise it as being a Ford part, which seems strange as just about everything else on the car is Ford.
                              Anyway! just thought I would share that with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X