Stainless wiper blades/arms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stainless wiper blades/arms.

My cabrio (2002) did use the wiper mechanism from the donor Sierra. I cut down the arm to the appropriate length and re-welded it. Its black and not too shiny! The garage probably didn't recognise it because it is much shorter then the Sierra original.

Comment

Hi Graham

I bought mine from Europa at Tutbury. The Sierra ones were too big and clumsy, so went for a multi purpose version, but they did need a collar fitting (wiper arm spindle adaptor) to convert the spindles to a Lucas standard spindle. They seem to work ok and I've had no problem with reflection

I'll go now.....

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.marsden52 View Post
        Hi Graham

I bought mine from Europa at Tutbury. The Sierra ones were too big and clumsy, so went for a multi purpose version, but they did need a collar fitting (wiper arm spindle adaptor) to convert the spindles to a Lucas standard spindle. They seem to work ok and I've had no problem with reflection

I'll go now.....

Andrew
        Thanks for the info Andrew. Where did you get the "wiper arm spindle adaptor"? Is it an off the shelf item? or did you have them made?
        Graham. Er, Oops! Just been on the Europa website and I see the adaptors are on there. Thanks again.
        Last edited by Graham Fenwick; 22-10-15, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Hi Graham Hi all I don't come on here much, I can confirm the arms are off a mk2 Granada which I got off eBay, simple job of cutting down, and re pinning then some chrome wiper blades. Quite a easy mod all in all.

Comment

Thanks Lee, I have ordered arms and blades from Europa spares (good website, certainly worth a look) also ordered a couple of stainless wing mirrors too.
            Regards
            Graham.20151101_153006(0).jpg

Straightforward job with off the shelf items from Europa Spares. Thanks again everyone for all the info.20151101_152841.jpg
            Last edited by Graham Fenwick; 04-11-15, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X