Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member !

Hi All,

New to the Club - but not to Marlin Ownership.
    Bought my Marlin out of a garden in Northern Ireland in 1986, rebuilt it, but had to sell in 1989 due to circumstance.
    Bought it back in April 2015 after a gap of 26 years!
    Chassis 18 and variously registered as SIA3366, C748JHS and now RSK545W.
    Passed its MOT on 22nd Nov and driven by myself, its as much fun as I remember.

Any information as to its life would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    DSC02552.JPGDSC02552.JPGDSC02629.JPGDSC02629.JPGDSC02629.JPGDSC02629.JPGDSC02629.JPGDSC02629.JPG
    Tim

Re: New Member !

Nice , mines a 20 year plus rebuild break too - Just a chassis at the momment , I like your hood & seats , any chance of some close up pick some time

Comment

Hi IDM
      Thanks.
      Picture with roof up is circa 1989 !
      Currently I have a rag with no supports lol....not much help I,m afraid. Thats the NEXT job.
      The seats are a aluminium back screwed to a wood base which I made from marine ply.
      The backs wereDSC02625.JPG made to my design by a local firm which (thankfully) the Boss seems to find my work of some amusement.
      What engine/suspension you got?
      Mine is a kent 1300 which seems adequate even now !
      Tim

Comment

Less is more! Springs to mind with seats , looks good though ,I am thinking of a higher back equivalent at some point - Seen some on a racing MG , will try& dig out pic. Well we are both 1300 cc which as you say is enough fun , Mine is in very (very) early stages of rebuild see "MK1 Rebuild for second Honeymoon" build diaries section .
        Difference is mine in a 1296cc Spitfire MkIV and I have all triumph suspension

Comment

Hi IDM,
          Looked at your diary and realised my problems were smaller lol.
          My wife looked at the car in the garage and muttered something about " the sh*t you caused me LAST time"
          I think that was a positive lol.
          Tim

Comment

Working...
          X