welshpool anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: welshpool anyone?

I think some of us are planning to have runs out and visit some local attractions i.e. railways? Also some interesting roads to explore.

Comment

i think that's a great idea - some lovely driving roads - perfect marlin country.

Comment

Welshpool is on for next weekend, it will be so nice to meet up with some good friends again.

Although billed as just a relaxing get together with no itinerary I would like to make some suggestions and offers:
        If the cars could be lined up outside the pub I will put on a tea for members in a marquee whilst my missus and mys ons partner Erika decide on which car they would most like to drive off in - winner will recieve a lovely bottle of wine. Tea provided free of charge.

If you wish to book into the restaurant for an evening meal I can make a block booking if people let me know how many - I will post our summer menu here in a separate post. For those who dont wish to eat in the restaurant and who dont have anywhere planned I will put on a barbeque in the garden at nominal price - say £2.50 for a burger/ hot dog sort of thing?

We run a really successful carvery (£6.99) on Sundays if anyone fancies it.

For runs out. There is the narrow gauge railway (trains depart llanfair at 10.00 13.00 and 15.30) the station is only about 20 mins away.
        the pub is hosting a rally event in August and I can get some road rally routes if anyone is interested but otherwise consider this...

leave the pub and travel through bwlch-y-cibau (bulccchh ee cibee) through llanfyllin (cchlan fuccchlin ) to lake vyrnwy (vern wee) then off to penybontfawr (pen ee bont vower) and over to the waterfalls at llanrhyaeadr ym mochnant (cchlan rider) come back via llangedwyn (easy) and then pop through llansantffraid-ym-mechain before returning to the pub. Its around 45 miles.
        google map

but no pressure - just come and have a relax.

If you can let me know if you will be attending the tea on the 18th and want your car coveted by the landlady an idea of numbers would be good to get the catering sorted.

I really look forward to meeting you all - please dont hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

C

Comment

Hi Cameron, we plan to eat in the pub on Fri, Sat & Sun. Tea in the marquee sounds good. Roughly what sort of time on Sat were you planning to do the tea?
          Geoff G

Comment

Lost my first reply. We are B&Bing, Fri to Sunday night. Eating with you Fri and Sat night, probably Sunday. Tea on Saturday. Anything else going.
            (Hairy) Dave.

Comment

Planned to arrive Fri afternoon, would like restaurant bookings for Fri and Sat please, a cup of tea on Sat and possibly also lunch on Sunday before we drive home
              Rgds Dave n Liz

Comment

Same as DC without the sunday lunch, got to be back for a Fathers Day get-together. David

Comment

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
                  Tea in the marquee sounds good. Roughly what sort of time on Sat were you planning to do the tea?
                  Geoff G
                  Tea will be about 3:30 / 4pm - just a bit of a buffet tea with a nice cuppa. Free of charge

Comment

We would like to eat in the restaurant Fri, Sat & Sun with a cup of tea when available. Many thanks Liz & Doug

Comment

Hi - We'll eat in the pub on Fri, but we'll have to leave Ringo (the pup) in the van. If he plays up we may have to take the food back to the van to eat it! If all goes well we'll probably eat in the pub Sat, Sun too, if you can tolerate a late booking! Otherwise we'll have our own emergency supplies in the van. Happy to display the car and have tea on the lawn on Sat! Cheers - Dave & Caroline

Comment

We would like to eat in the restaurant Fri, Sat , and Sun . Tea on the Sat sounds good too. Looking forward to getting together again!

Comment

We will e there on Saturday. Love to display the car and have tea in the lawn. Derek & Joan

Comment

We are coming too - hopefully we can have tea on the lawn too & display the car. Terresa & Rob

Comment

Had a wonderful day today - Lake Vyrnwy was wonderful - beautiful views whilst having lunch. Great to catch up with members again. Thank you Cameron & family for the Afternoon Tea. Hope you all have another great day tomorrow - sadly we're unable to join you.

Terresa & Rob

Comment

Another great day - good to meet all of you -
                                great to drive FMB again. magic to let her really go on the drive home!!

Comment

Working...
                                X