X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeks badge marlin

HelloI want a badge marlin as the pictureQ713-ATV-Newark-2012.jpg

Re: seeks badge marlin

Marlin will sell you one, I got mine within a couple of days of calling them.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

The current Marlin badge is a lot smaller than the early badge.

Comment

DC had one made, laser cut I think, he may be able to help?

Comment

That could be another job for Cirrus Laser. When I am back in the UK I will look out my spare cast radiator badge and see if they can copy it.
          But would that be breach of copyright law?
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

why if its for personal use?

Comment

I had a small batch produced by a guy with a stand at Newark show 2013 - could well have been Cirrus Laser, dunno.

Laser cut and red plastic coated, here is one on a Cabrio. No fixings, just cut from flat sheet.

IIRC £5 each, but sorry, none left

Rgds DC
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tony.stott2 View Post
                why if its for personal use?
                A one off would be prohibitably expensive, so I would organise a batch, obviously for resale, simply to cover expenses, and a small profit. So not for personal use as such.
                But clearly if others have copied the badge then copyright, if it exists, has already been breached.

Cirrus Laser are not the only company to do laser cutting etc, there are many others, it's just that it is walking distance from my UK home.
                MOC member since 05/97
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Contact me either email or tel, I have a selection of badges I intend to take to Stoneleigh. Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by danny_nelson View Post
                    Contact me either email or tel, I have a selection of badges I intend to take to Stoneleigh. Danny.
                    I somehow doubt that Jean will be travelling from southern France to Stoneleigh.
                    As I understand he is not a member of the MOC so will not have a copy of Pitstop to find your details.

Just trying to help!
                    MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hello
                      I am a member of moc
                      I log in under my old name

Comment

Originally posted by kolmershlagjp View Post
                        Hello
                        I am a member of moc
                        I log in under my old name
                        I understand my confusion. Danny's details will be in Pitstop Latest version here
                        MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Thanks for your help Steve, but Jean has already contacted me, he probably got my details from one of my previous adverts on here.

Comment

Working...
                          X