Rally Spec Sheets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rally Spec Sheets.

Is there an MOC Rally/Show spec sheet. Like you see on show cars with a bit of detail about the car?

Re: Rally Spec Sheets.

Good question. I have been a member for more than ten years and have never seen an official one. Many owners, including me, have created their own. It is a good way to head off the same old questions at car shows. It is, perhaps, appropriate that such individual cars have individual specification sheets.
    I also belong to another club and they provide a blank form for owners to display at their shows. Show goers can then make easy comparisons between cars. Perhaps such a thing could be added to the Marlin website adorned with appropriate logos.
    Paul

Comment

DC did a good general one, I'm sure he will let you have a copy and you can modify it as appropriate.

Comment

I had an idea a while ago that I would like to try if I ever finish my Berli. In a nutshell, a digital photo frame loaded with a short slideshow of photos and text telling the story of the car. I should add I have never researched this and perhaps there are pitfalls that have not occurred to me.

Comment

It's an easy thing to make, specifically for your own car, but I am happy to let anyone have a copy of the Marlin History which was made for (and you can see on) this site.

Additionally, in 2014 the committee produced a general handout for shows, and I have a sort of briefer history and details which I made up a while ago to go on my Hunter.

They are all .doc files and easy to modify.

My e address is in Pitstop, please let me know via this if you would like copies.

DC

Comment

Cheers DC , I just wondered if there was a sheet for individual vehicles. I shall have to make my own. HDave

Comment

Be a little patient, Millie should be along very soon with draft designs so that we will have some club commonality and you'll just have to fill in the blanks !
              Rgds DC

Comment

Great stuff I look forward to it.
                Cheers HDave

Comment

After much deliberation, a little research and the blessing of the committee I have developed an info sheet template. See attachment.

The proposal is to allow drivers to describe their cars in a consistent way for visitors. This will aid comparison between cars and create a more unified look to the club stand.

There is no compunction for drivers to use the template but it is available for members that would like to use it. I believe Cameron is looking into making it available on the website.

My research indicates that information on exhibits should be well below 100 words. Think of “entries” not “essays.” With large, easy-to-read typefaces especially as a large percentage of our visitors will be over-forty.

The sheet has been kept fairly simple to allow drivers/constructors to put the distinctive aspects their car under reasonably open headings. As one experienced exhibitor put it to me; the info sheet should head off the same old questions. At the same time it could help to spark off an interesting discussion. Limiting yourself to 100 words is almost impossible but it is worth trying. I’ve also appended Millie’s sheet as an example.

If anybody has any suggestions, criticisms (or praise) they are welcome to put them here or send me a pm.
                  Paul
                  Attached Files

Comment

Praise indeed and many thanks on behalf of the committee for your efforts, which are much appreciated.

We hope other members feel the same.

It will be great to have a unified Club look at this years shows. As a .doc file it is very easy for everyone to personalise.

Mr Editor will be taking steps to ensure that those members who do not use/visit the website will be suitably enabled via the next Pitstop

Cheers Paul, a job well done.

Rgds DC
                    Last edited by dcunn; 06-03-16, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Good idea indeed. Have added it to my "before Stoneleigh" to do list. Peter.

Comment

Thanks DC.
                        And thanks to HDave for asking the question.

Perhaps a member of the committee could take a few blank copies to Stoneleigh for folks who prefer to fill them in by hand.

Attached is a second example courtesy of Jez Cox.
                        PC
                        Attached Files

Comment

Much praise also. I have altered mine by adding 'Owners name:' at the top. I know some people like to stay anonymous , perhaps forum name. My info will be in dark blue like the car.
                          Cheers Paul great work.
                          Regards HDave

Comment

Millie, as usual I'm printing the voting forms for Stoneleigh so will also do some spec sheet blanks - should be there Sunday about 0930
                            DC

Comment

Originally posted by millie_marlin View Post
                              Attached is a second example courtesy of Jez Cox.
                              PC
                              Thanks for the mention Jez. Shameless Publicity here or there
                              MOC member since 05/97
                              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                              X