New member SH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member SH

Hallo from Hampshire, My name is Stuart Harrison, I have been the owner of a roadster from purchase from Plymouth in 1984. She is a Triumph / Marina Hybrid and is fitted with a Ford Pinto engine,
    Ford Type 3 gearbox a Ford Cortina Mk2 rear axle and the front suspension is Triumph GT6. Her chassis no is 2532 bought on the 7/2/84 at a cost of £1163. Other than passing an MOT on the 24/11/92 she has never been on the road. She has never been used , taxed or registered and is still in aluminium and gelcoat.

Hope that is enough information about the car for now. Currently I have replaced all the brake system, stripped and rebuilt the DHLA 45 carbs, replaced the cambelt, ignition components, Currently I am rebuilding the steering to include a couple of universal joints to comply with IVA.

My question is, has anyone managed to get a Mk 2 hybrid through the IVA. And where can I get a new windscreen with the correct IVA required markings.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Re: New member SH

Welcome onto the Forum Stuart, I see you have been a Marlin person for many years !

Someone will be along soon with thoughts and ideas for you.

I had a windscreen replaced in my Hunter, the guy cut it from a flat piece which already was marked.

Do you have the original old screen to use as a pattern, there were at least three slightly different ones ?

Dave Cunnington

Comment

Welcome Stuart, plenty of members down your neck of the woods so you are in good company. As DC says, the screen can be cut from a landrover defender screen keeping the E marks visible if you have a template. The old BS marked glass wont do. You can get a brand new screen made by Pilkingtons - about 150 - 200 quid. You can download the IVA manual from plenty of places online - including this site. I'm interested that if it was mot'd back in 92 ... Im guessing it was on the log book as the donor and so effectively the donor got the mot?

Comment

Seems strange to MOT it without completing the registration process.

Where are you Stuart, I'm up in Yateley and would love to see the car. ..
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Hallo Dave thanks for the reply. Yes I do have the original windscreen, it is cracked hence the requirement for a new one. As regards which one it is I do not know what the difference between them is. Cant help you with that. I think that a Land Rover Defender windscreen is flat, new ones should have the required E 43 marking and being laminated should fit the build once cut to shape. Plan 2 is speak to Autoglaze in Dorset as I have read that they can supply and cut the glass. Plan 3 I have a quote from Pilkington glass, they quoted me £300 to make a heated one. Having chosen to fit a heater for the IVA windscreen demist requirement thats on the back burner for now. Is the slot in the surround wide enough to take a defender windscreen thickness? As usual its one foot forward and three back.

Stuart Harrrison

Comment

Hallo cameronfurnival
            No there was no donor as such. All sub units front suspension from a GT chassis, Engine (box of bits), gearbox / back axle from a Ford Cortina rear suspension Marina etc. You could at the time get MOT without a registration mark or log book. The reason I did not register it was because I spent a large part of my time at sea in different parts of the world. Then when back in UK on the road away from home. With the benefit of hind sight should have registered it and saved a lot of trouble.

Comment

If I remember rightly ( which I may not) when I registered my Locust in 94 it involved a visit from the Police to check the authenticity and that parts weren't from a nicked car. The issue of a Vin, Insure and MOT on the VIN. Apply with paperwork to local DVLA. They issue a reg number and add that to the MOT and issue a V5. Then you tax it. Good wasn't it? No stress, no extra money for DVLA t MOT tester decided if it was ok.

Comment

Hi Stuart, Quite time back someone did get a hybrid through what was then the SVA but since then the ever tightening of the thumb screws means my advice is now out of date. But if you PM me your email address I will forward a copy of a summary I put together back then.
                Ben Caswell
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                X