Alfa throttle pedal linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa throttle pedal linkage

Hi Guys, latest problem is the throttle pedal on my Alfa powered Roadster. It is a push rod to a pivot under the carbs which then pulls down the throttle linkage.

Capture (623x413).jpg

As can be seen from above there is a nice long lever on the proper linkage which I assume gives a large amount of movement at the carbs for a small amount on the pedal. My problem is that the PO has made up a pedal design that has a tiny lever on it. This means that to get full movement at the carb the pedal has to sit ridiculously high (approx 75mm above brake pedal) to give the travel required for 0 to full throttle..
    I have an idea to try and convert to some sort of pull cable design but would be most interested to find out what other Alfa cars are using.

Thanks again

Derek
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Re: Alfa throttle pedal linkage

you can get a throttle conversion - usually for fitting webers to cross flow Fords !!

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for SYTEC Motorsport Weber 40 45 48 DCOE Throttle Linkage Kit Single & Twin Carb ADV at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, looks ideal . Any ideas on a suitable pedal?
        Last edited by Blue Marlin; 06-03-16, 09:46 PM. Reason: Forgot a bit

Comment

Back again with a chance to tinker after full bathroom rip out and rebuild. Can any of the Alfa guys show me what sort of cable or linkage setup they are using on their carbs. I have looked at a few conversion kits but most look as though they will foul one part of the engine or another.
          Saw this http://www.burtonpower.com/linkage-k...weblp1000.html but was concerned it may not clear the water outlet from the inlet manifold. They also do a nice one for under the carbs, my favourite, but there is a starter motor in the way .

Thanks again

Derek

Comment

Mine uses the normal system that comes with the car fitted to the carbs...The throttle pedal looks like a Spitfire one with a length of bicycle brake cable as the cable !!

Comment

Thanks for that, do you have any pics at all as I have a solid rod push system that is of no use at all. I am going to change to cable so I am looking to get a suitable bracket and pedal. As mentioned above I like the look of the proper Weber brackets. I am concerned the cable will hit the water outlet on the manifold though.

Comment

will send you some !!

Comment

Thanks