cooling V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cooling V8

yes the manuals were lots better than the auto's especially if you used the kick down better to use the box !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
      Pete, look forward to your article on the additional rad fitted to your V8 for Pitstop. No pressure (sorry about the pun!) but the deadline for the next issue is 25th March if you can manage it.

It's almost complete Geoff. I am sending you a PM. Peter.

Comment

Hi - I don't follow the Roadster threads too closely, hence my late input. You may be interested in my article on extra cooling for a V8 Cabrio in issue 174 (Feb/Mar 2013) - Oil cooler and extra rads under the front apron. On a Roadster you will have more space issues but it should help you. I'll be at Stoneleigh if you want a closer look, and planning to be on various other events. Funny beasts, these V8s, Derek Jones never has any cooling problems with his, so why do others get hot? Good luck - Dave

Comment

Hi - I'm not sure why FMB runs cooler that other V8s.
          The difference between it and others are ::-
          Cast iron headers - less heat transfer than tubular manifold.
          No Badge bar - maximum area for Rad.
          Inner wing shields may direct air into rad instead of letting it escape under wings.
          Derek

Comment

Hi Derek - It would be interesting to fit a badge bar and/or remove the inner wing shields to see the effect. How do you fancy being a guinea pig? Dave

Comment

To revive an older thread, I've just noticed the shields on this Roadster, the pic is one from Alan Davies collection so is 1980s.
              Rgds DC
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dcunn; 12-05-16, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X