Rather a strange Roadster ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rather a strange Roadster ??

interesting car with some good heritage. Of course, a Raider was made eventually as a race/ hill climb car but I dont know how many were ever built.

181919267_ad152bce3c_z.jpg
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 30-03-16, 10:58 AM.

Comment

That looks remarkably like the car in the background of this brochure here or there
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Steve,

That linked takes me to a page that says my account is closed. Probably a good idea to make publicly accessible links to content that is also public, if you see what I mean!
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Worked for me. If not used for a while logging in is sometimes required. No probs.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Steve,

That linked takes me to a page that says my account is closed. Probably a good idea to make publicly accessible links to content that is also public, if you see what I mean!
            me too - just tells me the account is closed.

Comment

Nothing I can do if Keepandshare have closed your account.
              Sorry but that's not my responsibility, they would have emailed you before doing so.

But just to keep you happy, here is a grainy pic from the original 3mB pdf copy of a YKC Roadster brochure and I think it was an article by Ian Stent From Which KIt in 1995.
              Can't publish it on this forum because it is copyright, and Cameron would have to delete it.
              There must be a better copy floating around in someone's collection that they can share.

Marlin cars.jpg

Different wheels and very different registration, but otherwise the same.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

thanks for this Steve, its a nice pic. As far as copyright goes on articles you could simply email Ian and ask for permission, (he is a member of this forum) he may say no (probable) but then again...

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
                  thanks for this Steve, its a nice pic. As far as copyright goes on articles you could simply email Ian and ask for permission, (he is a member of this forum) he may say no (probable) but then again...
                  The argument over what I share with friends has been done to death. I am bored with it. But.

If those who hold the copyright, also use this forum, surely it is incumbent upon them, as interested parties, to publish any documents of value to other forum users, for the benefit of all. It's not up to other individuals to ask 'permission'.

I have no plans to find out who holds the copyrights of any particular documents that I share, it would be a thankless task, and probably has no resolution on things like BL parts lists and Workshop manuals.

I would rather share what I have, at a small risk, with friends and people who don't want everything on a plate. Keepandshare only requires a valid registration, no fees, no membership.
                  I don't see anyone else sharing the same volume of information that I do or even getting close.

I am sure there will be other copies of the same pic and brochure floating around the MOC, but some would rather, to use the vernacular, 'shoot the piano player' than share.
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                  X