Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK2 Ali inner wings

Hi

Does anyone have a set of Marina MK2 based Ali inner wings going spare?

Regards

Adrian

Re: MK2 Ali inner wings

Hi Adrian

Somewhere in the garage I have an offside inner wing only but it's not in great condition. I used it as a template to get a replacement made after mine was damaged. I also drew out a full size template on a length of wallpaper some time ago which I loaned to somebody but can't remember who.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
      Hi Adrian

Somewhere in the garage I have an offside inner wing only but it's not in great condition. I used it as a template to get a replacement made after mine was damaged. I also drew out a full size template on a length of wallpaper some time ago which I loaned to somebody but can't remember who.

Geoff
      Hi Geoff

Any chance of a picture so I can see the condition please?

I am really finding it hard to fit the inner wings.

The outers are spot on to the manual so no that it can't be them.

My inners have the hole for the suspension already cut, which means that the front of it overhangs the bumper by 1cm.

Again, looking at the manual looks about right.

I have measured and fixed it in place but can't get the outer to fix over it without a lot of hauling.

Once again the manual says it shouldn't be under stress , so not good.

Any tips?

Adrian

Comment

Even 30 years after originally fitting the wings I can still remember it was a pig of a job.
        I couldn't get inner & outer to line up either and ended up "relieving" the outer wing adjacent to the A pillar to get everything aligned.
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

In my case I didn't fit the original wings but had to replace one that was damaged in an accident. I had a new one made but with no holes or suspension cut-out, then managed to flatten the damaged one out enough to mark through the holes and the cut-out. The hardest part was getting the angle of the bent edges right so they were flat against the mating faces on the body and outer wing.

Once I've located it in the garage I'll get a picture taken, probably early next week.

Comment

I struggled to get my inner wings on my hybrid to fit but they were GRP, when I spoke to Paul Moorhouse he said "OH yes the factory mounting holes in the wing supports were in the wrong place" !!
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I should have a nearside one later on next month.. Remember when I built mine that the factory said to fit the wing and inner wing in one piece - I found it easier to fit the inner wings then the wing to the outer...

Comment

Well a lot of swearing and cursing I'm nearly there.

Thanks to all for your support and offers of wings etc.

You can all stand down.

Just got to do a bit more fetling and then the nearside.

Regards

Adrian

20160409_180610.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X