• Basket Case Roadster for rebuild

My words, not the sellers !

Just noticed on eBay, item number:282014139114

No V5, but I've asked him for chassis number details
    Attached Files

Re: Basket Case Roadster for rebuild

Next project for you DC..
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Same guy is selling panels and dash etc under a different auction. Someone should try to get both.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

engines/gearboxes are worth a bit - fiat/Lancia twin cams !!

Comment

If I wasn't up to my wotsits in projects I would be after that one. It looks like a lovely log term project for someone young enough t take it on. It does look as if it has never been registered. BTW what is a complete non running Fiat 2l twin cam worth?

Comment

I've identified the kit number, and the seller has amended the listing.

As above, it's not been on the road and there's no paperwork with it.
            Hopefully whoever buys it will buy the other parts as well.

Like others, I've too much else going on and this does look a tad past it, so please let me know, whoever you are, when you take it on
            Rgds DC

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
              If I wasn't up to my wotsits in projects I would be after that one. It looks like a lovely log term project for someone young enough t take it on. It does look as if it has never been registered. BTW what is a complete non running Fiat 2l twin cam worth?
              Seems the prices are rising for classic Twin cams and especially 5 speed boxes --- at least £400 -500 for the complete lump maybe more ... and there is a Fiat one in the car and a spare Lancia one with the car, which I think is the same one ??
              Alfa 's are a lot more especially the 5 speed box as I think from late 80's they put it in the rear axle from the 75 onwards !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                I've identified the kit number, and the seller has amended the listing.

As above, it's not been on the road and there's no paperwork with it.
                Hopefully whoever buys it will buy the other parts as well.

Like others, I've too much else going on and this does look a tad past it, so please let me know, whoever you are, when you take it on
                Rgds DC
                DC says a neighbour remembers it being built and on the road ??

Comment

On a logic thread, how did the ex owner know it was too fast if it was never registered? Didn't Lancia do a 1600cc engine? I think I need to dig my old Fiat engine and gearbox out and give it a coat of looking at.

Comment

lovely engine the Fiat twin cam especially on twin Webers !!!

Comment

I used to have one in my rally car, they're bullet proof
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
                      X