Stoneleigh 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoneleigh 2016

Just back, having managed to (re)master double-declutching during an M6 tailback due to a failing slave cylinder...the things we do in the name of our "hobby"...
    Anyway, despite dire weather forecasts it was hood-down all the way there, during & back...and a cracking turnout given those forecasts.
    Here are a few shots of the stand today.

2016-05-01 10.58.54.jpg

2016-05-01 10.59.53.jpg

2016-05-01 10.59.32.jpg

2016-05-01 11.00.30.jpg
    Last edited by lil_red_roadster; 01-05-16, 09:43 PM.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: Stoneleigh 2016

great photos Jez, and yes a good day with a really nice buzz.

Comment

Great Pics Jez
      Double-declutching would have been acceptable last night on our way back as Just south of Malmsbury our clutch cable went completely,we had to rely on the good old AA man to do a temp fix to get us home!
      I will be buying 2 cables and keeping one on board in future
      Hope the weather was kind up there today as yesterday was far better than we were expecting, Great turnout of cars as well
      Bryan
      Stapley Bryan

Comment

Thanks Jez for the great Stoneleigh pics - looks a really fabulous turnout of Marlins. Sadly was unable to attend plus my Berli still in the intensive care dept but trying to get it to Tatton Pk?
        Definitely be at Stoneleigh next year tho.

Paul

Comment

Whats happening at Tatton Park? And When? I might be intersted in nipping along to that.
          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Took some pics on Sunday. I will upload them a few at a time until they are all done or if you tell me to stop!

6.jpg

11.jpg

16.jpg

21.jpg

26.jpg

Comment

Once again Moll and I attended Stoneleigh. The drive up, topless, was exciting due to the random heavy rain showers. Upon leaving the M5 at J9 the A46 was slow with heavy traffic. At this time a big CuNim moved overhead and deposited a moderate amount of hail into Moll’s interior. Vision became rather poor due to the rain running down the inside of the windscreen! Obviously a time to speed up (?)
              The rain stopped for our arrival at good old stand 41 and stayed away until the outer layer of my tent had been erected. Beside me, Happy Dave had erected his new airbeam tent in the time it took me to insert the intransigent GRP poles into highly resistant channels in my tent outer. Must get one of these air tents.
              Early Sunday morning brought the, now standard, frost and ice cold temperatures. A very good sleeping bag is vital here to avoid terminal dental castanets. Many commented on the chill but it’s the same every year, so come prepared.
              More soon.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Dane_Rescueman; 03-05-16, 08:31 PM. Reason: Trying to get picture inserted :(
              Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Wiggiesworld - sorry do not know real name. Tatton Park Passion for Power Classic Motor Show on Aug 20 / 21st tickets from Derek 01352 771183 if still available ? Good show certainly lots of Club stands and probably every make of car on display from Vintage to Present also Tatton House and gardens ( National Trust ) . I think Marlin Club won best Club Stand last year.

Paul

Comment

Hi PaulW
                  I need Sat or Sun, Your name & address and the type, date on road and registration of your car. You can email me with your details [email protected]

Derek Jones

Comment

I did get there Sunday morning, but in the Mini Clubvan so had to park in the car park and kept my head down when wandering through the club pitch. Good show of cars everyone, dare I say more than any other club?
                    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Sunday pics

31.jpg

36.jpg

41.jpg

46.jpg

51.jpg

Comment

Sunday pics

56.jpg

61.jpg

66.jpg

71.jpg

76.jpg

Comment

Great pics Scott, keep 'em coming (saves me putting mine up!)
                          Rgds DC

Comment

Sunday pics

81.jpg

86.jpg

91.jpg

96.jpg

101.jpg

Comment

Great pics.

I am interested in the carb intakes on YFW 387K. Could anyone please tell me what they are? I realise they are trumpets but the photo makes it look like the ends are closed off. For demonstration only, possibly, I would guess. Lovely engine bay - I need to try harder with mine.

Cheers
                              Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Working...
                              X