• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stoneleigh 2016

Many thanks for uploading the pics Scott
    Rgds DC

Comment

Anyone know the sizes of the cut outs in the front rad panel !!!

Comment

Re: Driveshaft
        Fit a tube that has had some holes drilled in and slide onto the broken 'X' part of the shaft. Must be short enough to clear the joint ready for sliding back over later. V the separated joint but keep the little turned shoulder as this helps with your shaft alignment, push them back together. Weld to the level of the OD of the driveshaft (dress afterwards with a grinder or file if necessary). Slide the drilled tube over the newly welded joint and weld through the drilled holes. Then seam weld the ends of the tube onto the driveshaft as well (think collar band on a worm).
        Belt and braces approach.
        Hope this makes sense as it's late and I'm with wine.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
          Many thanks for uploading the pics Scott
          Rgds DC
          You are welcome, some of the pics have 130 views which makes it worth doing.

Comment

Anybody got any pictures from Monday?
            I had a great time on the Sunday with my son and there was a good turn out of cars. I wondered if the turn out for Monday was any different / better. Anyone?
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Just got back from a weeks hol's and found your proposed repair method. Thanks for that. What I am a bit concerende about is that I think I should do the other shaft while I am at it but as they say, I can't see the join. How do I break the shaft deliberately

Comment

just a few random photos from Stoneleigh that i took. sorry i didn't get all the roadsters in. IMG_0522.JPGIMG_0523.JPGIMG_0525.JPGIMG_0526.JPGIMG_0527.JPGIMG_0528.JPG

Comment

Nice, thanks for posting.
                  - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                  - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                  - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                  - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                  - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                  X