Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio hood wind noise

Hi,
    Has anyone modified a Cabrio hood to deaden the wind noise from the hood.
    At anything over 55mph the wind noise is VERY loud..
    When on my own in winter/cooler weather i tend to dress up in gloves/hat Ski jacket etc and keep the hood down, no probs.
    With my wife, its roof up in cooler weather.
    Its O.K. for short journeys, but on long journeys of 2 or 3 hours my wife has had enough of the "drumming" the hood seems to produce.
    Anyone any ideas on how to quieten it down?

Thanks in anticipation
    Mike.

Re: Cabrio hood wind noise

Hard top for the winter, or ear plugs. You get used to them very quickly.

Comment

My Roadster used to do that. Cured it by putting a length of pipe insulation on the top hood rail to tension the fabric. Try holding your hand in various places to find the most effective and then adding the pipe insulation.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Like the idea of a hard top, are there any out there? Never seen one myself. If anyone has a photo I would much appreciate seeing it. Thanks. Mike

Comment

Hood down at all cost! Wrap up well if cold. Hood up only if heavy rain. Slow down for less turbulence, or ear plugs if rapid progress essential. Buy onsie for passenger. Enjoy :-)

Comment

Hi Peter, nice to hear from you again. Liked the article on V8 cooling in Pitstop. Did you have the rad made or was it a universal ready made product? Regards Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.woodley View Post
              Hi Peter, nice to hear from you again. Liked the article on V8 cooling in Pitstop. Did you have the rad made or was it a universal ready made product? Regards Mike.
              Hi Mike. It was specially made by Raysons Radiators in Yeovil. I have their reference number somewhere which would get an exact duplicate if you need one.

Hope to see you at one of the SWMeets soon ???. Peter.

Comment

Hi Mike - Marlin only made a handful of hardtops, and only for the SWB. Decent headroom, but a bit domed, and hard to find. The targa hardtop on my Cabrio is a one-off, and not my manufacture, so even rarer! Cheers - Dave

Comment

Working...
                X