Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina clutch slave cylinder push rod

Hi everyone.

Does anyone have a marina slave cylinder push rod spare?

Adrian

Re: Marina clutch slave cylinder push rod

Get yourself a pack of these here or there, a little light machining and you've got some bling under the bonnet, and a surplus to sell on to cover costs.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 03-05-16, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
      Get yourself a pack of these here or there, a little light machining and you've got some bling under the bonnet, and a surplus to sell on to cover costs.
      Don't have the original so would need dimensions.

Adrian

Comment

Lucky I keep reasonable records, but can't find my drawing.
        I used a coach bolt because the head is swaged and you don't have to machine the whole length of the rod.

Overall length 3.525"
        Shaft Diameter 0.281" or 8mm (0.315") should be fine but check the piston on your slave cylinder as there are various types, if necessary just taper the end from 8mm (0.315") down to 0.281", hardly noticable.
        Cylinder end rounded off to remove sharp edges
        Clutch arm end, 0.5" Dia Swaged head, Dome radius 0.3125", but I can't think that's a critical dimension, as long as its rounded to suit the clutch arm.

Comment

I will see if anyone has a spare before I resort to this.

Thanks for the info.

Adrian

Comment

I thought I had already posted this info somewhere. Now found it in the sensible place, the Marina roadster owners group on this forum. It reads pretty much the same as I posted above.
            Last edited by stevejgreen; 03-05-16, 01:34 PM. Reason: Link added

Comment

Sorry, can't help you
              Good Luck ! Rgds DC

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                I will see if anyone has a spare before I resort to this.

Thanks for the info.

Adrian
                Panic over, found it on a shelf in the garage.

Thanks for everyone's help though.

Must clear the garage, will more than likely find other bits and pieces which have gone walkies.

Adrian

Comment

It might be worth double checking my measurements please.
                  Not that I doubt my measurements, but doubt BL.

Comment

It might be worth double checking my measurements please.
                    Not that I doubt my measurements, but doubt BL.
                    Will do, will report back.

Adrian

Comment

Lucky I keep reasonable records, but can't find my drawing.
                      I used a coach bolt because the head is swaged and you don't have to machine the whole length of the rod.

Overall length 3.525"
                      Shaft Diameter 0.281" or 8mm (0.315") should be fine but check the piston on your slave cylinder as there are various types, if necessary just taper the end from 8mm (0.315") down to 0.281", hardly noticable.
                      Cylinder end rounded off to remove sharp edges
                      Clutch arm end, 0.5" Dia Swaged head, Dome radius 0.3125", but I can't think that's a critical dimension, as long as its rounded to suit the clutch arm.

All correct but shaft diameter is 0.281". Wouldn't know if the dome radius is correct but would agree it's not critical.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                        All correct but shaft diameter is 0.281". Wouldn't know if the dome radius is correct but would agree it's not critical.
                        Thanks for the confirmation, I am confused slightly by [but the shaft diameter is 0.281"] isn't that what I typed?
                        I suggested an 8mm coach bolt because the chances of finding a 9/32" one were limited, I was also looking to minimise machining, everything can be done with a hacksaw and file rather than resorting to lathe work from stock bar.

However, if someone has access to a lathe, the cost of the coach bolts as raw material is small, and any setup simply repeatable, it might get a few out of a similar hole sometime in the future. As illustrated above, it's an easy part to put down, and then lose, however temporarily.

Back in 2011 a Member of the Morris Marina Owners club had the same problem, who knows how many have seen and used the dimensions I published back then.

Finally, do not be tempted to fit a longer push rod if your clutch does not appear to disengage. I would immediately suspect either air in the hydraulic system, a corroded slave cylinder bore and consequent leakage, a faulty master cylinder, or a plate that has simply stuck on the flywheel.

Comment

Had a leaking clutch slave cylinder a couple of years back. Unable to source a direct replacement found a picture of a Land Rover one that seemed similar.
                          Went to local L.R. dealer to have a looksee and realized with some straightforward modification (removing lugs) it would be fine.
                          Was quoted some £75 from L.R. Acquired one from ebay for £8.75.boxed new.
                          Having said all that I used original push rod.

Comment

Replacement, refurbished clutch slave cylinders are available from Chris Weedon of the Morris Marina Owners Club.

Information

Here or there
                            and
                            Here or there

No need to resort to adapting LR parts when the originals are available.

Comment

Originally posted by bodgemaster View Post
                              Had a leaking clutch slave cylinder a couple of years back. Unable to source a direct replacement found a picture of a Land Rover one that seemed similar.
                              Went to local L.R. dealer to have a looksee and realized with some straightforward modification (removing lugs) it would be fine.
                              Was quoted some £75 from L.R. Acquired one from ebay for £8.75.boxed new.
                              Having said all that I used original push rod.
                              Or this 322094612357 eBay item

Comment

Working...
                              X