X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina dash

Originally posted by tony.stott2 View Post
    hi Adrian,
    so how will you finish the bottom edge, just plain, hockey stick , veneer etc? - curious as i'm about to redo my dash in the berly!
    I am going to see what I can do on a spare piece of wood with some veneer tape I have bought but if that doesn't work I will go plain.

When it's fitted you can't really see underneath but I would prefer to do it properly, let's see how it goes.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
      I am going to see what I can do on a spare piece of wood with some veneer tape I have bought but if that doesn't work I will go plain.

When it's fitted you can't really see underneath but I would prefer to do it properly, let's see how it goes.

Adrian
      OK decided to go with some outdoor varnish for the edges as 1. You can't see it anyway and 2. The edging strip looked naff

20160604_111827.jpg

Comment

ok, thanks for the update!

Comment

New question.

I am using the original dials from a marina.

I am also using the original multiplug.

I have wired all but the RED/WHITE cable.

Looking at all of the diagrams I have I can't, for the life of me, find what this is for.

Any ideas anyone???

Adrian

Comment

HI Adrian - is it definitely red with a white stripe not white with a red stripe? And is it the loom which came with the donor car?

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
              HI Adrian - is it definitely red with a white stripe not white with a red stripe? And is it the loom which came with the donor car?
              Hi Cameron

It's the original wire that was cut off when it was removed from the doner Marina.

Once I know I can either ignore it or match it up with the new loom.

Sorry definitely red with white stripe.

Adrian
              Last edited by listerjp2; 05-06-16, 04:42 PM.

Comment

On a Dolomite which uses the same Lucas system red with white stripe goes to illumination for the cigarette lighter socket comes off the red for the side lights.
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
                  On a Dolomite which uses the same Lucas system red with white stripe goes to illumination for the cigarette lighter socket comes off the red for the side lights.
                  Now I'm sitting down I will have a look.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                    Now I'm sitting down I will have a look.

Adrian

Nope still can't find it.

The lose lead on the left is the offending item, it is mainly red with two white stripes

See picture below.

20160606_102352.jpg

Adrian
                    Last edited by listerjp2; 06-06-16, 09:29 AM.

Comment

According to BS-AU7a the British standard colour codes for vehicle wiring used by Lucas in the Marina claims that red with white stripe wires are used for
                      Sidelamp fuse to right-hand side and rear lamps.
                      Sidelamp fuse to panel light rheostat
                      Fuse to panel light switch or rheostat.
                      or
                      Fuse to fibre optic source.

White with red stripe is Starter relay or ignition or a bulb failure unit.
                      MOC member since 05/97
                      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                        According to BS-AU7a the British standard colour codes for vehicle wiring used by Lucas in the Marina claims that red with white stripe wires are used for
                        Sidelamp fuse to right-hand side and rear lamps.
                        Sidelamp fuse to panel light rheostat
                        Fuse to panel light switch or rheostat.
                        or
                        Fuse to fibre optic source.

White with red stripe is Starter relay or ignition or a bulb failure unit.
                        Your right regarding the white with red stripe and all the wiring diagrams have the sidelamps as red/green to fuse and red to lamp.

I will leave it out for now, connect everything up and see what doesn't work.

Adrian

Comment

Hi Adrian, do you have a red/green wire There should be one in the multiplug for the instrument panel lights. If there isnt one it may well be that yours has been wired in with the red/white one. Red + stripe wires are generally associated with lighting circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
                            Hi Adrian, do you have a red/green wire There should be one in the multiplug for the instrument panel lights. If there isnt one it may well be that yours has been wired in with the red/white one. Red + stripe wires are generally associated with lighting circuits.
                            Hi everyone

Now I know this is a big ask but has anyone else used the original marina multiplug on the back of the original instruments with a tacho?

If so can someone take a picure of the plug and the cables connected to the original cables.

Long shot I know but it just isn't the white/red cable that isn't listed on the wiring diagram but it also has a purple which is not listed to be connected to the multiplug.

Adrian

Comment

Just home after a few days away.
                              Have you looked at the diagram pics I put up in members area a while back, shows the WH/RD from starter motor to ignition switchery/instrument panel.
                              Haven't yet unlocked the garage but will look later at the spare loom bits I have and try to pic for you

Phone me if you like
                              Rgds DC
                              Last edited by dcunn; 08-06-16, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Purple is used for accessories powered direct from the battery, fused or unfused, that do not pass through the ignition switch, so horn, interior lights, boot light, car radio memory etc. anything that you might want powered when the ignition is off.
                                MOC member since 05/97
                                1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                                Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                                X